Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ukshep

Earthquakes In Kentucky, Georgia and Haiti. Oklahoma & Virgin Islands Go Quiet

Ukshep    20,169

Here recently there has been a bit of a shift in terms of the earthquake patterns on the eastern half of the US. Areas that usually see daily quake activity, like Oklahoma and Virgin Islands, Have gone quiet. At the same time, we see earthquakes popping up in odd places. There has been an uptick in quake activity around the New Madrid seismic zone as well. With the last big quake we have seen being a 6.9 that struck in Guatemala.

Siddrix    1,039

All the quakes in Oklahoma are happening more out west and i don't even feel them unless it's a 5.0 or higher...

But it's coming...

majoga    429

That earthquake in Ky must have been dahpooh tripping over his sensationalism. We do occasionally have one, so it's not unheard of. Anyway,  I didn't feel anything.

Siddrix    1,039

We just had 2 here but i did'nt feel a thing...

But i won't rule out a Big One sometime soon...

Ron Swanson    103

The quakes in Oklahoma stopped about a year ago. Last real one I remember was 4.8 or something high, can't remember. I remember waking up and my bed shaking like in the movie Exorcist. I think the waste water issue with fracking was causing the problems. I mean, as soon as they stopped, the quakes stopped basically. Sucks too, I didn't get earthquake insurance fast enough and had some minor foundation issues due to all the quakes.

DRUMZ    1,047
22 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

The quakes in Oklahoma stopped about a year ago. Last real one I remember was 4.8 or something high, can't remember. I remember waking up and my bed shaking like in the movie Exorcist. I think the waste water issue with fracking was causing the problems. I mean, as soon as they stopped, the quakes stopped basically. Sucks too, I didn't get earthquake insurance fast enough and had some minor foundation issues due to all the quakes.

Yeah, hydraulic fracturing has slowed in the area due to lower oil prices.