Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ESET

Senators want Congress to OK military action in Syria

ESET    1,226

+snip+

U.S. senators called on Congress on Tuesday to take back its authority to determine whether the country goes to war, saying recent U.S. strikes in Syria were not covered by existing authorizations for the use of military force.

The Senate Foreign Relations Committee has begun considering legislation that would cover military action in Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, Libya and Yemen against the Islamic State, al Qaeda and other Islamist militant groups.

"I have always believed that it's important for Congress to exercise its constitutional role to authorize the use of force," the committee's chairman, Republican Senator Bob Corker, told a hearing on Tuesday.

As President Donald Trump has ordered stepped-up military activity in Syria, Afghanistan and elsewhere, members of Congress also want Trump to present a strategy for defeating Islamic State and other militant groups.

"It's difficult for us to carry out our responsibility unless we know what the commander in chief needs," Senator Ben Cardin, the committee's top Democrat, said.

ESET    1,226

I´m not supporter of R or D, but only thing matters to me is AMERICAN CONSTITUTION! (I´m not American)

If American Govt. follow that, most of the world problems would disappear.

Cinnamon    23,143
6 minutes ago, ESET said:

I´m not supporter of R or D, but only thing matters to me is AMERICAN CONSTITUTION! (I´m not American)

If American Govt. follow that, most of the world problems would disappear.

It is taking them a very long time to shred it completely, but they're getting there! 

ESET    1,226
Just now, Cinnamon said:

It is taking them a very long time to shred it completely, but they're getting there! 

It´s speeding up...

Ukshep    20,216
27 minutes ago, ESET said:

It´s speeding up...

More and more!