Sign in to follow this  
ESET

Syrian Pilot Found Alive after US Downed Plane over Raqqah

The pilot of Syrian fighter plane recently shot down by the US-led coalition has been found in the countryside of Raqqah.

According to Sputnik, Captain Ali fahd was found alive and well by Syrian troops in the village of Shuwaihat in southern Raqqah on Monday.

The pilot had landed close to the village after successfully parachuting from his Sukhoi Su-22 aircraft, which was shot down on Sunday. After the Syrian army announced that one of its planes had been shot down, the US claimed that it had targeted the plane "in collective self-defense of coalition-partnered forces" in Syria’s Tabqa.

http://en.alalam.ir/news/1985740

29 minutes ago, ESET said:

The pilot of Syrian fighter plane recently shot down by the US-led coalition has been found in the countryside of Raqqah.

According to Sputnik, Captain Ali fahd was found alive and well by Syrian troops in the village of Shuwaihat in southern Raqqah on Monday.

The pilot had landed close to the village after successfully parachuting from his Sukhoi Su-22 aircraft, which was shot down on Sunday. After the Syrian army announced that one of its planes had been shot down, the US claimed that it had targeted the plane "in collective self-defense of coalition-partnered forces" in Syria’s Tabqa.

http://en.alalam.ir/news/1985740

good that was found alive, would be nice to know how the plane was brought down? lots of new toys and people playing with and showing them off!

I heard that he was found and had a broken leg.  Can't remember who had him though, but I'm sure it wasn't Syrian forces.

SU-22 was shot down, which is very easy...

With SU-35 would be a different story...

Edited by ESET

3 hours ago, CaptH said:

I heard that he was found and had a broken leg.  Can't remember who had him though, but I'm sure it wasn't Syrian forces.

Take a look:

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.