Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ESET

Syrian Pilot Found Alive after US Downed Plane over Raqqah

ESET    1,226

The pilot of Syrian fighter plane recently shot down by the US-led coalition has been found in the countryside of Raqqah.

According to Sputnik, Captain Ali fahd was found alive and well by Syrian troops in the village of Shuwaihat in southern Raqqah on Monday.

The pilot had landed close to the village after successfully parachuting from his Sukhoi Su-22 aircraft, which was shot down on Sunday. After the Syrian army announced that one of its planes had been shot down, the US claimed that it had targeted the plane "in collective self-defense of coalition-partnered forces" in Syria’s Tabqa.

http://en.alalam.ir/news/1985740

apache54    4,833
29 minutes ago, ESET said:

The pilot of Syrian fighter plane recently shot down by the US-led coalition has been found in the countryside of Raqqah.

According to Sputnik, Captain Ali fahd was found alive and well by Syrian troops in the village of Shuwaihat in southern Raqqah on Monday.

The pilot had landed close to the village after successfully parachuting from his Sukhoi Su-22 aircraft, which was shot down on Sunday. After the Syrian army announced that one of its planes had been shot down, the US claimed that it had targeted the plane "in collective self-defense of coalition-partnered forces" in Syria’s Tabqa.

http://en.alalam.ir/news/1985740

good that was found alive, would be nice to know how the plane was brought down? lots of new toys and people playing with and showing them off!

CaptH    60

I heard that he was found and had a broken leg.  Can't remember who had him though, but I'm sure it wasn't Syrian forces.

ESET    1,226

SU-22 was shot down, which is very easy...

With SU-35 would be a different story...

roamer    861
3 hours ago, CaptH said:

I heard that he was found and had a broken leg.  Can't remember who had him though, but I'm sure it wasn't Syrian forces.

Take a look:

CaptH    60
21 minutes ago, roamer said:

Take a look:

Ah, the Kurds. Thanks for the info.