Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ESET

Starbucks to hire thousands of refugees to serve Europeans coffee

ESET    1,226

American coffeehouse chain Starbucks said on Tuesday it would employ 2,500 refugees in its European stores by 2022. It is a part of a global program to provide jobs for refugees announced in January.

The company said the European jobs would be part of Starbucks’ commitment to hiring 10,000 refugees around the world.

Starbucks said it would work with agencies helping refugees to settle in Europe. The company has stores in Britain, France, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Germany and the Netherlands.

The head of the Refugee Council in Britain Maurice Wren said: "refugees bring an incredible wealth of skills, knowledge, and experience which are hugely beneficial to society."

https://www.rt.com/business/393202-starbucks-refugees-europe-jobs/

YourMom2    1,354

I was under the impression that refugees are not looking for employment and with their bad attitude wouldn't do well "serving" the public. We make our coffee at home, away from the unwashed masses and we know where our hands have been!

apache54    4,914

I see the CEO is making good on his word to hire emigrants, and thus we should make good on our word as ANGRY- X patrons to BOYCOTT them even more!!

Ewwww can you even imagine what all they will put in the coffee? Starbucks is banned forever in my family, probably why they moved their refugee hire to Europe. I also don't eat out ever at authentic Mexican food places anymore.

ESET    1,226
1 hour ago, YourMom2 said:

I was under the impression that refugees are not looking for employment and with their bad attitude wouldn't do well "serving" the public. We make our coffee at home, away from the unwashed masses and we know where our hands have been!

phxsparks    854
5 hours ago, ESET said:

American coffeehouse chain Starbucks said on Tuesday it would employ 2,500 refugees in its European stores by 2022. It is a part of a global program to provide jobs for refugees announced in January.

The company said the European jobs would be part of Starbucks’ commitment to hiring 10,000 refugees around the world.

Starbucks said it would work with agencies helping refugees to settle in Europe. The company has stores in Britain, France, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Germany and the Netherlands.

The head of the Refugee Council in Britain Maurice Wren said: "refugees bring an incredible wealth of skills, knowledge, and experience which are hugely beneficial to society."

I personally abhor Starbucks.  I do not patronize their stores.  Their coffee is pricey and not particularly good.

Eventually they may have refugees working there, serving mostly refugee customers.

YaKnow2.0    682
6 hours ago, ESET said:

job skill but none of them ever worked at a starfukk before!!

Quick1966    1,219
6 hours ago, ESET said:

"refugees bring an incredible wealth of skills, knowledge, and experience which are hugely beneficial to society."

Hahahahahaha!!!!:laughl: Funniest quote of the day! Yeah here's a short video on the cultural enrichment they're bringing to Europe.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ba4_1479254318

Quick1966    1,219
2 minutes ago, YaKnow2.0 said:

saw this the other day,he went asss to mouth a few times

Apparently he likes flavored water! Ewwww!!

phxsparks    854
5 hours ago, apache54 said:

I see the CEO is making good on his word to hire emigrants, and thus we should make good on our word as ANGRY- X patrons to BOYCOTT them even more!!

I'm all for boycotting Starbucks.  I simply think their product is lousy so why spend money there.

What is a good cup of coffee really worth?  I think it maxes out at $1.

Of course like all other things when I was younger, a cup of coffee was 15 or 20 cents.

Quick1966    1,219
12 minutes ago, phxsparks said:

I'm all for boycotting Starbucks.  I simply think their product is lousy so why spend money there.

What is a good cup of coffee really worth?  I think it maxes out at $1.

Of course like all other things when I was younger, a cup of coffee was 15 or 20 cents.

You know there are places that still give you coffee for 50c and in downtown LA of all places! There's Original Pantry which used to give you free coffee if you bought breakfast and Philippe the Original which was 9c up until a few years ago. But 50c is still cheap.