Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MuchMaligned

Mother using marijuana moving to Arizona in hopes of heart transplant

MuchMaligned    242

This weed thing is insane.

We should grow it and export it to the world....for whatever fing reason anybody wants to use it.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2017/6/19/mother_using_marijua.html

Darlene Velez and her family are packing up their Holiday home and moving to Arizona.

Velez is not on Florida's Compassionate Use Registry

She admits marijuana use, says it helps her cope with meds

Family is moving to Arizona in a few weeks

The 37-year-old said Arizona can give her something Florida cannot. Darlene says she's been denied a heart transplant.

"They told me no, you can’t have it because you tested positive for THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol)," Velez said.

Velez is not on Florida's Compassionate Use Registry but admits to using marijuana.

"First thing in the morning is an absolute must, because that's usually when I’m the sickest in my stomach and that’s the only way I can keep down my medications," Velez said.

She takes more than a dozen medications. The mother of three discovered the heart problem after her youngest son was born five years ago.

"Slowly but surely, I started getting more sick and more sick to the point where I couldn't really walk very far. I couldn't really get up out of bed and do anything," said Velez. "So they kept adding more and more medications, then I was just throwing up all day because they were just killing me."

Velez says she started using marijuana two years ago.

"The difference was amazing," she said. "I mean I was getting up out of bed, I wasn't sick all day long, I was able to run around with my 5-year-old. I was able to play with him and be active and cook a meal for my family every once in a while, none of which I was able to do before that."

Feeling better, Velez still needs a heart transplant but says she doesn’t have time to wait for Florida. The family is moving in July.

Cinnamon    23,078

They were doing that here in California, too, denying transplants to pot users. :(  I'm not sure if that has changed, I saw it awhile back on NORML's website. 

majoga    429

Stupid woman. Doesn't she know that if she's a pizza eater, she can get 7 transplants no problem?

phxsparks    854
2 hours ago, MuchMaligned said:

This weed thing is insane.

We should grow it and export it to the world....for whatever fing reason anybody wants to use it.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2017/6/19/mother_using_marijua.html

Darlene Velez and her family are packing up their Holiday home and moving to Arizona.

Velez is not on Florida's Compassionate Use Registry

She admits marijuana use, says it helps her cope with meds

Family is moving to Arizona in a few weeks

The 37-year-old said Arizona can give her something Florida cannot. Darlene says she's been denied a heart transplant.

"They told me no, you can’t have it because you tested positive for THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol)," Velez said.

Velez is not on Florida's Compassionate Use Registry but admits to using marijuana.

"First thing in the morning is an absolute must, because that's usually when I’m the sickest in my stomach and that’s the only way I can keep down my medications," Velez said.

She takes more than a dozen medications. The mother of three discovered the heart problem after her youngest son was born five years ago.

"Slowly but surely, I started getting more sick and more sick to the point where I couldn't really walk very far. I couldn't really get up out of bed and do anything," said Velez. "So they kept adding more and more medications, then I was just throwing up all day because they were just killing me."

Velez says she started using marijuana two years ago.

"The difference was amazing," she said. "I mean I was getting up out of bed, I wasn't sick all day long, I was able to run around with my 5-year-old. I was able to play with him and be active and cook a meal for my family every once in a while, none of which I was able to do before that."

Feeling better, Velez still needs a heart transplant but says she doesn’t have time to wait for Florida. The family is moving in July.

Well God bless her.  I hope she is able to get the transplant she needs in Arizona. 

It tells you a lot when they try to deny someone life saving surgery just because of THC in her system.

Basically the medical establishment in FL is trying to kill her because she does not conform to their belief systems.

:clover:

Cinnamon    23,078
1 hour ago, phxsparks said:

Well God bless her.  I hope she is able to get the transplant she needs in Arizona. 

It tells you a lot when they try to deny someone life saving surgery just because of THC in her system.

Basically the medical establishment in FL is trying to kill her because she does not conform to their belief systems.

:clover:

What's really weird is that weed is all but legal here in Cali and they were doing the same thing. An oz or under without a medical license is only 100 dollar fine and a ticket, no record. So stupid. 

phxsparks    854
46 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

What's really weird is that weed is all but legal here in Cali and they were doing the same thing. An oz or under without a medical license is only 100 dollar fine and a ticket, no record. So stupid. 

What they could do is tax commercial weed just like alcohol. 

It has been suggested that the tax proceeds would be sufficient to pay the costs of a real health care system for all citizens in the U.S.

Of course, this presupposes that the tax revenue would not be misappropriated and spent on military adventures in foreign countries.

Cinnamon    23,078
6 minutes ago, phxsparks said:

What they could do is tax commercial weed just like alcohol. 

It has been suggested that the tax proceeds would be sufficient to pay the costs of a real health care system for all citizens in the U.S.

Of course, this presupposes that the tax revenue would not be misappropriated and spent on military adventures in foreign countries.

They're taxing cigarettes like crazy and no one sees any of that money. 

phxsparks    854
9 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

They're taxing cigarettes like crazy and no one sees any of that money. 

^^

This is a fact.