Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cinnamon

How do Shamen Know Which Plants Work For What?

Cinnamon    23,168

The shaman's world is one of allegory, symbolism, metaphor and transcendence into the realms of energy and spirit. Their understanding of the universe and the abundant sentient beings which inhabit it is wildly foreign to the mind of the material scientist. Our best chance, therefore, at bridging the gap between science and spirit may lie in the anthropological study of those tribal cultures whose operating systems permit them to move freely in the metaphysical realms with the assistance of natural hallucinogenic substances. 

The shamanic explanation of the origins of life and of the intelligent nature of the plants and animals which inhabit the rainforest are quite unbelievable to most, but a rational approach to understanding their perspective lends extraordinary insight into some of the greatest mysteries of human consciousness. 

Author and anthropologist Jeremy Narby set out in the mid 1980's to do just this, hoping to learn from medicine men of the Amazon jungle about how it is they claim to be able to communicate directly with plants and unseen spirit beings of the forest. In his remarkable must-read book, The Cosmic Serpent: DNA and the Origins of Knowledge, his journey of empirical study takes a remarkable twist when he agrees to ingest the potent shamanic plant medicine, Ayahuasca. 

Briefly summing up his book in an interview with Deoxy's Todd Stewart, Narby remarks:

"Research indicates that shamans access an intelligence, which they say is nature's, and which gives them information that has stunning correspondences with molecular biology."

Researching this hypothesis, Narby began by examining the very real paradox offered by plant masters of the Amazon, namely that their vast, extensive, and incredibly thorough understanding of the thousands of plants in their environment is the result, not of any kind of scientific study as we know in the West, but rather as the result of direct communication with plants themselves.

"So here are people without electron microscopes who choose, among some 80.000 Amazonian plant species, the leaves of a bush containing a hallucinogenic brain hormone, which they combine with a vine containing substances that inactivate an enzyme of the digestive tract, which would otherwise block the hallucinogenic effect. And they do this to modify their consciousness. 

It is as if they knew about the molecular properties of plants and the art of combining them, and when one asks them how thev know these things, thev say their knowledge comes directly from hallucinogenic plants." ~ Jeremy Narby

<snip>

https://www.sott.net/article/353951-An-anthropologists-theory-on-shamanism-and-the-origins-of-knowledge-completely-rewrites-our-understanding-of-dna

80,000 plants... what are the odds that nothing out of the ordinary is going on with these people?  I'd say billions to one. 

Siddrix    1,046

The Mechanical  Elves taught them...

They are interdimensionals...

They often appear as animals you don't normally see in the wild...

Cinnamon    23,168
2 minutes ago, Condor said:

Fallen angels are crafty and numerous.

Oh please. Without them big pharma wouldn't even exist. Not that that's a good thing, but they have made some meds that keep people from dying. 

Lucy Barnable    5,065

Everything is connected.
In the correct state of mind that can be perceived.
We can communicate with every living thing telepathically.
It is remarkable though and I think this is plausible:

17 minutes ago, Siddrix said:

Cinnamon    23,168
29 minutes ago, Siddrix said:

9 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

Everything is connected.
In the correct state of mind that can be perceived.
We can communicate with every living thing telepathically.
It is remarkable though and I think this is plausible:

What are mechanical elves? I don't know if I said this on the forum before or not. But one night I closed my eyes and I saw this HD portal open in full color.  There was this robot looking thing looking back at me (I think I'm not sure!) It seemed to be. It was bright blue and yellow, definitely a robotic thing but I also had the sense that it was also biological, but not 100 percent sure. It was primary colored yellow and blue. Very bright colors. Soooo clear.  How freaking weird is that? lol 

Lucy Barnable    5,065
5 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

What are mechanical elves? I don't know if I said this on the forum before or not. But one night I closed my eyes and I saw this HD portal open in full color.  There was this robot looking thing looking back at me (I think I'm not sure!) It seemed to be. It was bright blue and yellow, definitely a robotic thing but I also had the sense that it was also biological, but not 100 percent sure. It was primary colored yellow and blue. Very bright colors. Soooo clear.  How freaking weird is that? lol 

I've never done DMT (I'm super curious though) but from what I understand they are dimensional beings, elfish in appearance, who communicate in a strange language one can comprehend while under the influence of the drug. They're also called clockwork elves because they are surrounded by, or seem to be working on, something mechanical and complicated. Your experience with the biorobotic being sounds interesting... and creepy.

Condor    980
33 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Oh please. Without them big pharma wouldn't even exist. Not that that's a good thing, but they have made some meds that keep people from dying. 

That's the problem Cinn, people place too high a value on this life.

What's next?  Transhumanism immortality?

Shamans are spiritualist, pagan and luciferians no matter what way you spin it. 

Truth.

Cinnamon    23,168
11 minutes ago, Condor said:

Truth.

You have your truth and others have theirs. Not everyone is you. 

Cinnamon    23,168
13 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

I've never done DMT (I'm super curious though) but from what I understand they are dimensional beings, elfish in appearance, who communicate in a strange language one can comprehend while under the influence of the drug. They're also called clockwork elves because they are surrounded by, or seem to be working on, something mechanical and complicated. Your experience with the biorobotic being sounds interesting... and creepy.

I never tried it either. I don't think I want to see elfish things like that. lol  Yes, that was the first time I had that happen to me. Full blazing color. I was really surprised, but also curious. All I had to do was open my eyes to make it go away. it was like we were looking at each other, but I really wasn't sure if it was looking at me or not. 

apache54    4,947
14 minutes ago, Condor said:

Truth.

NOPE! Shamans are NOT pagan or any type of satanists!

you have your belief and I know what I was shown from MY Indian heritage and IT has NOTHING to do with what you speak of, you have been fooled by your lack of understanding!

9 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I never tried it either. I don't think I want to see elfish things like that. lol  Yes, that was the first time I had that happen to me. Full blazing color. I was really surprised, but also curious. All I had to do was open my eyes to make it go away. it was like we were looking at each other, but I really wasn't sure if it was looking at me or not. 

Terrence McKenna's stories of his experience with "the machine elves" are definitely not scary. He said they they crafted visual language jokes as gifts for him. Some get the impression of them being "little men" and "gnomes". 

Here's a live DMT experience:

As to the discovery of the properties of the plants, I have read that the shamen were told by the spirits of the plants what to use and how to use them.