Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cinnamon

Cannabis Study: How THC Affects Learning and Memory at Different Ages

Cinnamon    23,074

THC, Memory, and Aging Study: Basic Findings and Summary

The study looked at behavioral measures of learning and memory in young vs. old mice. In each age group, some mice received a constant, daily dose of THC for 28 days, while others served as controls (they didn’t receive THC). After their 28-day treatment, their learning and memory abilities were assessed. There was no THC in their system during assessment. The question was how learning and memory were affected after chronic THC exposure.

It turned out that old mice responded differently to chronic THC compared to young mice. Old mice did better on learning and memory tests if they had a 28-day THC treatment beforehand. The behavior of old mice that had a chronic THC treatment looked like the behavior of young mice without a THC treatment.

more at link

https://www.leafly.com/news/science-tech/cannabis-study-thc-impact-on-memory-and-learnimg?utm_campaign=Roost&utm_source=Roost&utm_medium=push

Cryptic Mole    4,400

Now I read the article and looks like it's good for seniors like me. I'm just not so sure how good it is for heart failure. Especially if there's a mixture of some other shit in the weed. That's what has been holding me back from using it.

thedudeabides    2,372
22 hours ago, Cryptic Mole said:

Now I read the article and looks like it's good for seniors like me. I'm just not so sure how good it is for heart failure. Especially if there's a mixture of some other shit in the weed. That's what has been holding me back from using it.

I'd say THC in pill form would likely be very good for old age. 

Cryptic Mole    4,400
3 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

I'd say THC in pill form would likely be very good for old age. 

It's not the THC that I'm concerned with. It's the other drugs that are sometimes added to it that concern me. Anything that raises my heart rate too high can make it very hard for me to breathe. How can I really know just what's in what I buy. My Doctor won't prescribe it because he doesn't believe in it. Anyway, Medicinal marijuana usually has all the THC removed, so as far as what I want it for, it;s not what I really want! 

kbet    844
14 hours ago, Cryptic Mole said:

It's not the THC that I'm concerned with. It's the other drugs that are sometimes added to it that concern me. Anything that raises my heart rate too high can make it very hard for me to breathe. How can I really know just what's in what I buy. My Doctor won't prescribe it because he doesn't believe in it. Anyway, Medicinal marijuana usually has all the THC removed, so as far as what I want it for, it;s not what I really want! 

Cannabis should decrease your heart rate, not increase it. You can always burn some on a plate, and smell it. If it has a "sweet aroma", it is good stuff.