Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ukshep

Otto Warmbier is Dead! Oh shit!

Ukshep    19,871

Otto Warmbier, American who had been detained in North Korea, has died -family statement.

Warmbier had been returned to the United States in a coma on June 13, and hospitalized in Cincinnati, Ohio

https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBCU6Ly?m=en-us

He's dead now :(

JayDee    1,260

This might be inconvenient news since they're trying to avoid NK and how all the rhetoric and buildup to war led to nothing. 

ESET    1,226

Otto Warmbier, an American student held in North Korea for 17 months and recently released with severe neurological trauma following months spent in a coma, has passed away.

“Unfortunately, the awful torturous mistreatment our son received at the hands of the North Koreans ensured that no other outcome was possible beyond the sad one we experienced today,” his family said in a statement on Monday afternoon.

https://on.rt.com/8fcj

Ukshep    19,871
23 minutes ago, JayDee said:

This might be inconvenient news since they're trying to avoid NK and how all the rhetoric and buildup to war led to nothing. 

Lets hope Ivanka does not cry....

JayDee    1,260
7 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Lets hope Ivanka does not cry....

She probably won't since Otto was an American. 

Ukshep    19,871
1 minute ago, thedudeabides said:

Hmmmm not sure but I fear something bad may come of this. 

Retaliation? I had those thoughts too. Trump administration move?

marlowe    1,748

To be completely honest I think Otto was stupid ......or naïve .....I don't have a lot of sympathy for Americans who get into jams in foreign countries,.....

Otto Frederick Warmbier (WARM-beer;[2] December 12, 1994 – June 19, 2017)[3] was an American college student who was imprisoned in North Korea from March 2016 to June 2017 after being convicted of "hostile acts" against the country. Warmbier, then 21 years old, confessed to stealing a political propaganda poster and was sentenced to 15 years' hard labor.[4] The United States made diplomatic efforts to seek Warmbier's release. A U.S. ....................................

thedudeabides    2,372
13 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Retaliation? I had those thoughts too. Trump administration move?

I believe that is his role to play.  Appear to be hero, when he is simply a pawn.  

Ukshep    19,871
1 minute ago, thedudeabides said:

I believe that is his role to play.  Appear to be hero, when he is simply a pawn.  

Wait.... Have you gone full anti-trump now?

thedudeabides    2,372
2 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Wait.... Have you gone full anti-trump now?

Nah just see the chess board.  A pawn doesn't necessarily know its purpose or goal.  it is simply meant to be sacrificed. Nevertheless it is still controlled...by the player.  I don't know if Trumps personal goals are sinister. But it is clear he will fail.