Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cinnamon

High Cholesterol Does Not Cause Heart Disease: Medical Study Finds

Cinnamon    23,103

A review of research involving nearly 70,000 people found there was no link between what has traditionally been considered “bad” cholesterol and the premature deaths of people over the age of 60 from cardiovascular disease.

Published in the BMJ Open journal, the study also found that 92 percent of people with a high cholesterol level lived longer. They also found that the benefits from statin drug treatment have been “greatly exaggerated.”

Go figure.

<snip>

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/high-cholesterol-does-not-cause-heart-disease-medical-study-finds-video_062017

No more statin drugs?  I knew those were bad, just from what I had read about them. That's a YUUUGE cash cow for big pharma. 

thedudeabides    2,372

Well of course it doesn't. Cholesterol is the framework for every cell in the body.  It does however cause peripheral artery disease.  Which is easily cleared up with proper diet and exercise. 

Sky Cat    1,534

Actually, it's all about what they put into table salt.  Pure salt is fine, however the microscopically abrasive ingredients they in commercial salt is what cases plaque to build up in arteries.  Cholesterol, meh, that's not the cause, as many have known for years; at best cholesterol is an indicator of what the crap in the table salt is doing to the body.

apache54    4,918

high Chloestrol is found to be caused by a fatty liver and it is ALL related to diet!!

those Statin drugs killed more people than they helped and they knew it!!

apache54    4,918
1 minute ago, Zing said:

Studies show that people with high cholesterol actually do live longer then people with low cholesterol:

http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/statin-scam-people-with-higher-cholesterol-live-longer-than-people-with-low-cholesterol/

ALSO the labeled BAD cholesterol sometimes can be high as it does the repairs to veins and arteries

Zing    904
29 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

A review of research involving nearly 70,000 people found there was no link between what has traditionally been considered “bad” cholesterol and the premature deaths of people over the age of 60 from cardiovascular disease.

Published in the BMJ Open journal, the study also found that 92 percent of people with a high cholesterol level lived longer. They also found that the benefits from statin drug treatment have been “greatly exaggerated.”

Go figure.

<snip>

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/high-cholesterol-does-not-cause-heart-disease-medical-study-finds-video_062017

No more statin drugs?  I knew those were bad, just from what I had read about them. That's a YUUUGE cash cow for big pharma. 

Statin drugs have very serious side affects. Even at low doses it can cause problems with blood sugar levels, muscle problems, memory problems, you name it.

Cinnamon    23,103
1 hour ago, Zing said:

Statin drugs have very serious side affects. Even at low doses it can cause problems with blood sugar levels, muscle problems, memory problems, you name it.

That's messed up because I know a couple of people who are/were diabetics and they loaded them up on statins. If that messes with the blood sugar... how can they give that to people with diabetes?  I am not doubting that it does.  I went with a friend to the dr. and she was on something and they gave her 2 new scripts, she asked the pharmacists exactly what they did and one was for the problem she had breathing and the other was to counteract the side effects of the first ones. :blink:

Zing    904
4 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

That's messed up because I know a couple of people who are/were diabetics and they loaded them up on statins. If that messes with the blood sugar... how can they give that to people with diabetes?  I am not doubting that it does.  I went with a friend to the dr. and she was on something and they gave her 2 new scripts, she asked the pharmacists exactly what they did and one was for the problem she had breathing and the other was to counteract the side effects of the first ones. :blink:

Pick any statin drug, say Zocor, and read side effects:  

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-cholesterol/in-depth/statin-side-effects/ART-20046013

Increased blood sugar or type 2 diabetes

It's possible your blood sugar (blood glucose) level may increase when you take a statin, which may lead to developing type 2 diabetes. The risk is small but important enough that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued a warning on statin labels regarding blood glucose levels and diabetes.

Statins prevent heart attacks in patients with diabetes, so the relevance of the mild increase in sugar values with statins observed in some patients is unclear. The benefit of taking statins likely outweighs the small risk to have the blood sugar level go up. Talk to your doctor if you have concerns.

majoga    429

I've found that high cholesterol causes satisfaction. Where did I put that bacon?...