Williams

Fasting & Rejuvenation

Rejuvenate means to restore to youth, to make young or fresh again, to become young again, to acquire renewed vitality, the renewal of youth, physical, mental and spiritual. The hygienist uses the term, “rejuvenation” to describe the partial restoration of youthfulness to the tissues and organs of the body that may be achieved through hygienic care which includes as a fundamental technique – fasting.

This does not mean turning back the hands of time; it does not refer to turning back the clock. It emphasizes the removal of some of the effects of poor living habits that have accumulated over time and had an adverse effect upon the health and life of the organism. It is very important that we make a distinction between time and things that take place in time. Actions take place between entities. Neither time nor age is an entity. If water constantly drops on a stone, it will wear it away, even the hardest stone, if continued for a long enough period. But it is important to appreciate that it is the water dropping on the stone that wears it away and not the time.

Complete article: http://www.alecburton.com/2009/12/fasting-rejuvenation/

• Like 1

The tongue loses it's coating and is a healthy pink color indicating that the fast can be ended. I agree that 2 week intervals of fasting is probably the safest way. I've done 40 days in one stretch and wouldn't recommend it.

12 hours ago, YourMom2 said:

The tongue loses it's coating and is a healthy pink color indicating that the fast can be ended. I agree that 2 week intervals of fasting is probably the safest way. I've done 40 days in one stretch and wouldn't recommend it.

It is around 40 days that the body becomes weak enough that it can be overcome (by the spirit-within) which is why Christ went into "the wilderness" and did a water-only fast for 40+days to bring the body under subjection.

Matthew 4:1-10

4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.
4:2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.
4:3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every Word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
4:5 Then the devil taketh him up into the Holy City, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the Temple,
4:6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in [their] hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
4:7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
4:8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and showeth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
4:9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and Him ONLY shalt thou serve.

Fasting requires the body to live off of it's reserves and the problem in modern society is that the quality isn't what it used to be. It's one thing to be weak but it's another to be ill to the point of constant nausea. Fasting can certainly be a spiritual experience and one feels quite virtuous to be cleansed of toxic matter...both physically and emotionally.

I like to experiment with different fasts and I would caution anyone attempting a 40 day fast. Much depends on how toxic the reserves are and the speed in which they can be eliminated from the body. The absence of food means nothing is moving through the intestines except water which isn't enough to stimulate the liver and the bowel. Laxatives are too harsh. A two week fast followed by a week of light eating and then as many fasts thereafter to bring the body back to optimum health.

10 hours ago, YourMom2 said:

Fasting requires the body to live off of it's reserves and the problem in modern society is that the quality isn't what it used to be. It's one thing to be weak but it's another to be ill to the point of constant nausea. Fasting can certainly be a spiritual experience and one feels quite virtuous to be cleansed of toxic matter...both physically and emotionally.

I like to experiment with different fasts and I would caution anyone attempting a 40 day fast. Much depends on how toxic the reserves are and the speed in which they can be eliminated from the body. The absence of food means nothing is moving through the intestines except water which isn't enough to stimulate the liver and the bowel. Laxatives are too harsh. A two week fast followed by a week of light eating and then as many fasts thereafter to bring the body back to optimum health.

The reason a person feels "nausea", is because they didn't enter the fast correctly. The nausea, is feces that aren't able to pass through the system, because people go from eating normally(or binge eating first), to stopping. The best way to enter a fast, is to eat light meals(no red meats and heavy foods), then, the last day before the fast, eat tomato soup. 

The point of a water fast, is to allow the digestive track to "power down", so it can rest/heal. If you want a "detox fast", then a fast of vegetable soup(homemade), cabbage soup, and other foods which facilitate the detoxing of the body, is what you need. 

That is how a water fast subdue's the "will of the flesh", as the digestive track, does influence the mind to a great degree. A writer, once compared all living things/humans/animals, as being nothing more then digestive tracks with teeth, held together by skin, and whatever organs and appendages, that facilitate the consumption of flesh/plant material.

One thing people need to remember is: Jesus was speaking with people, many of whom would be considered mentally retarded, by our modern standards. Jesus Christ, as an exceptionally intelligent individual(among other things), spoke in a manner that they could understand, when he wanted them to understand.

The most I ever did, was a seven day water fast(first two-three day's, I allowed myself one cup of juice/vitamin water, in the morning). In all honesty, the feelings of "virtuous", never entered into the equation. Towards the end, there was a lightness of heart, and some gladness, going into a super market was truly an interesting experience. All the smells, everything smelled so much more intense. Also, while in that state, the nose knows what is good for you. Certain foods smelled truly divine, while junk food smelled horrible and soda/cola? Cola smelled like poison.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.