Sign in to follow this  
Ukshep

BREAKING: US ambassador to Qatar resigns

The U.S. ambassador to Qatar reportedly resigned on Tuesday over President Trump’s criticism of the Persian Gulf nation.

CNBC’s John Harwood reported that Ambassador Dana Shell Smith resigned over Trump’s attacks. Harwood cited Trump’s recent comments about Qatar, saying they undermined State Department efforts to ease tensions.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/337556-us-ambassador-to-qatar-resigns-report

I'm not going to pretend I know what this means! But I feel it is an important marker!

Dana Shill Smith? Haven't heard of him/her.

This probably doesn't bode well for oil/gas prices or for the prospects of MOAR WAR in the Middle East

The U.S. ambassador to Qatar announced Tuesday that her three-year posting in the Persian Gulf nation will come to end this month.

“This month, I end my 3 years as U.S. Ambassador to #Qatar. It has been the greatest honor of my life and I'll miss this great country,” Ambassador Dana Shell Smith wrote on Twitter.

<snip>

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/337556-us-ambassador-to-qatar-resigns-report

Hmmm... I guess this is routine? Funny with all that's going on over there right now! 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.