titanic1

Study proves open minded people live in a completely different reality

A recent study examined the difference in outlook between open minded and close minded people. The study stated that the quality of ‘openness’ has a lot of deciding power on what kind of reality an individual lives in. Most open minded people live in a completely different reality than other people!

Openness is not a set quality. It includes keeping an open mind, trying new things, meeting new people – basically a desire to explore and push the boundaries of what you know and have.

The study, called ‘Seeing it both ways’, was conducted in the Melbourne University. A hundred and twenty three participants of various backgrounds were examined. Their character and views were measured.

The test for open-mindedness focused on five categories of personality – conscientiousness, neuroticism, extroversion, agreeableness, and the ability to keep an open mind to new experiences.

https://www.lifecoachcode.com/2017/06/10/study-found-open-minded-people-live-in-different-reality/

Then then tested who experienced a visual perceptual phenomenon called “binocular rivalry”. This happens when each eye is shown a different image from having red and green patches over each eye. The result is having different images being displayed to each eye.

Most people will switch back and forth between the two incompatible images, as the brain struggles to perceive the two images at the same time.

However, people who scored higher on openness were more likely to merge the two images into a unified red and green patch.

This makes sense. Creative people combined the two images as a “creative solution” to the visual conflict they were experiencing. They did this sub-consciously, without effort.

Anna Antinori was the lead researcher and explains that we’re constantly filtering out what sensory information to focus on. She says:

“The ‘gate’ that lets through the information that reaches consciousness may have a different level of flexibility. Open people appear to have a more flexible gate and let through more information than the average person.”

http://thepowerofideas.ideapod.com/open-minded-people-different-visual-perception-reality/

Edited by titanic1
  • Like 1

Recent research has suggested that open minded people — those who regularly experience wonder and awe — actually see the world differently. Open mindedness makes them more likely to experience certain visual perceptions.

Interesting....Thanks for posting.....  >>> { — those who regularly experience wonder and awe — }<<<

Does this explain why liberals are mentally ill ?....I'm still trying to sort this out ....:coffeetime:

Edited by marlowe
  • Like 1

I can't stand to be around people who are not curious. lol  They're boring and usually unhappy for the most part. 

• Like 2

There is an extreme called "indiscriminate" that is the libtard manifestation. It often starts as indiscriminate affection & approval seeking and then, disappointed, joins the "demand all be miserable" club.

Open mindedness is like evrrything else. Each engages in "openness" to degrees, but most well rounded have barriers and identity. Howard stern's ideas of "open" are vulgar, base & reductive. Mindless "openess" is just letting everything run over you and anything else. Even by the parameters they defined for this, most still have degree limits and barriers of self 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I can't stand to be around people who are not curious.

My recent experience with liberals has shown me that if they don't agree with me about something

they won't look at the evidence that they could be wrong ......They refuse to believe it and that is that...

They are not curious about what is the truth and what is fake.......The Sunday N Y Times front page

headline was about LIBERAL FAITH .   ....Faith is belief without evidence.......My favorite way to describe the liberal mind set is to say " So n so is living in the   "LIBERAL DREAM WORLD ."..

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.