Zing

How I finally lost 10 lbs after over a Year of Trying

Go to a nutritionist who had me on various healthy diets, and while my health improved, I couldn't lose any weight.  I am tall and want to reduce my belly fat.

Everyone is different, but what worked for me is a high protein, high good fat diet with lots of veggies.  What I limit is fruit and dairy, except eggs.  No grains or beans. I have sensitivity to dairy so only occasionally have a small serving of plain yogurt.  This is not a forever diet, but I am very happy with results so far and hope it helps someone.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Zing said:

Go to a nutritionist who had me on various healthy diets, and while my health improved, I couldn't lose any weight.  I am tall and want to reduce my belly fat.

Everyone is different, but what worked for me is a high protein, high good fat diet with lots of veggies.  What I limit is fruit and dairy, except eggs.  No grains or beans. I have sensitivity to dairy so only occasionally have a small serving of plain yogurt.  This is not a forever diet, but I am very happy with results so far and hope it helps someone.

People don't need as much protein as they think. Only someone who does manual labor or bodybuilding needs a bit more.

High fat is great. Especially saturated fats like animal fats and even extra virgin cold pressed coconut oil. Also plenty of fish oils with the omega 3's.

Cut the carbs way back and only eat veggies without potatoes, cooked carrots and peas. Avoid prepared foods at the supermarket.

Drink plenty of real lemon water and apple cider vinegar keeps blood sugar in check.

That's just basics.

Works well.

• Like 2

Rule of thumb when anyone has a fat midsection. Any carbs or sugar eaten 50% will go directly to the belly. Even someone who eats only 1000 calories per day but eats badly will wind up being a smaller fat version of what they were.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Cryptic Mole said:

People don't need as much protein as they think. Only someone who does manual labor or bodybuilding needs a bit more.

High fat is great. Especially saturated fats like animal fats and even extra virgin cold pressed coconut oil. Also plenty of fish oils with the omega 3's.

Cut the carbs way back and only eat veggies without potatoes, cooked carrots and peas. Avoid prepared foods at the supermarket.

Drink plenty of real lemon water and apple cider vinegar keeps blood sugar in check.

That's just basics.

Works well.

I can verify what you say works for me!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cryptic Mole said:

Rule of thumb when anyone has a fat midsection. Any carbs or sugar eaten 50% will go directly to the belly. Even someone who eats only 1000 calories per day but eats badly will wind up being a smaller fat version of what they were.

.... even if the calories come from too much fruit because of too much sugar in the fruit.  

Edited by Zing
  • Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.