Sign in to follow this  
Ukshep

Maryland, D.C. Attorney Generals To File Lawsuit Against Trump

The attorneys general of Maryland and the District of Columbia plan to file a lawsuit on Monday the WaPo reported late on Sunday, alleging that foreign payments to President Donald Trump's businesses violate the U.S. constitution. The lawsuit is to be announced at noon on Monday.

While Trump already faces a similar lawsuit that was filed in January by plaintiffs including a ethics non-profit group, the case from two Democratic AGs could stand a better chance in court as the first government action over allegations that Trump, violated the constitution's so-called emoluments clause, Reuters adds.

In recent months, Democrat AGs have taken a lead role in the "resistance" against the president, litigating against Trump's policies and successfully blocking Trump's executive order restricting travel from some Muslim-majority countries. They are also resisting efforts to roll back environmental regulations and insurance subsidies under Obamacare.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-12/maryland-dc-attorney-generals-file-lawsuit-against-trump

Can someone tell me why the constitution only matters when they say it matters? They ignore everything else that goes against it... Love to infringe upon it. For them to use it as a weapon is a slap in the face to you all!

Just turned 58 today, and as far as I can remember, the democratic left has always been the "kings of spin". While the right has always had their rationalizations, it's like comparing the effects of alcohol to LSD. The dems have been the puppets of the super-wealthy as far back as Woody Wilson and J.P. Morgan Jr. That relationship is the M.O. of the democratic party. Unfortunately, in the last 25 years,the republicans are now in the same boat.

At this point, all of Washington is a seething pile of incestuous self-serving maggots, feasting on the excrement of the greed monsters of wall street.

To pick and choose what they want from the constitution, is a job prerequisite for all federal politicians.

(good morning rant!)

the question is NOT that it happens as we know it has been like this for quite awhile, the REAL QUESTION, is when are we going to stop it? and that my friends is what should be on your minds!! our constitution tells us that it is our duty to adhere to it and what to do when it is being wronged!! time to stand up and stop the corrupt politicians and all others tied to them!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ukshep said:

The attorneys general of Maryland and the District of Columbia plan to file a lawsuit on Monday the WaPo reported late on Sunday, alleging that foreign payments to President Donald Trump's businesses violate the U.S. constitution. The lawsuit is to be announced at noon on Monday.

While Trump already faces a similar lawsuit that was filed in January by plaintiffs including a ethics non-profit group, the case from two Democratic AGs could stand a better chance in court as the first government action over allegations that Trump, violated the constitution's so-called emoluments clause, Reuters adds.

In recent months, Democrat AGs have taken a lead role in the "resistance" against the president, litigating against Trump's policies and successfully blocking Trump's executive order restricting travel from some Muslim-majority countries. They are also resisting efforts to roll back environmental regulations and insurance subsidies under Obamacare.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-12/maryland-dc-attorney-generals-file-lawsuit-against-trump

Can someone tell me why the constitution only matters when they say it matters? They ignore everything else that goes against it... Love to infringe upon it. For them to use it as a weapon is a slap in the face to you all!

These lawsuits are no big deal. The amount of suits against Obama set a record. Dems being what they are, I expect that record to be broken.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/06/record-number-of-foia-lawsuits-filed-against-obama/

People in general treat the constitution like a buffet, taking what they like, leaving the rest. Politicians don't follow any of it.

Edited by octopus prime
  • Like 3

President-elect Donald Trump is handing control of his business empire to his two adults sons and placing his assets into a trust in order to address conflict-of-interest concerns, he said Wednesday. “These are just some of the many documents I have signed turning over complete and total control to my sons,” Trump said at a news conference at Trump Tower in New York, standing beside a stack of manila envelopes piled on a table...... "No new deals will be done during my term(s) in office," he tweeted on Dec. 12.   http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/313779-trump-to-hand-over-businesses-to-sons

Has any other President had to hand over their businesses and freeze their assets? NO.

Edited by Drain That Swamp
  • Like 3

All because a republican won the presidency these democrats have nothing better to do than try to remove him because they are still pissed their woman didn't win. I still feel that no matter what republican won we would still be going thru the same bullshit. All of these f**ks need to be arrested and tried for treason. Why can't democrats just get behind the president?!? Every damn time a republican wins we have to have some type of bs go on. With Bush Jr it was 8 years of the same thing. Talking heads on tv and comedians bashing the republican president, but when a democrat wins they praise him no matter what he does, case in point, Obama and KKKlinton. When the hell will real Americans stand up and say "enough is enough" it's the same bs every time a rep wins. I am so sick of politics in this country! I just feel the civil war needs to start or at least get to the phase where heads are rolling.  If Trump doesn't get his shit straight democrats may actually succeed in impeaching him with or without evidence, if that happens and real Americans don't stand up we're done, done as a country period. 

They can jump up and down all they want . Not a dam thing will change .. The agenda lives ...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RhetoricalRebel said:

Just turned 58 today, and as far as I can remember, the democratic left has always been the "kings of spin". While the right has always had their rationalizations, it's like comparing the effects of alcohol to LSD. The dems have been the puppets of the super-wealthy as far back as Woody Wilson and J.P. Morgan Jr. That relationship is the M.O. of the democratic party. Unfortunately, in the last 25 years,the republicans are now in the same boat.

At this point, all of Washington is a seething pile of incestuous self-serving maggots, feasting on the excrement of the greed monsters of wall street.

To pick and choose what they want from the constitution, is a job prerequisite for all federal politicians.

(good morning rant!)

You got a blue ribbon for your bday and the rant. Happy Birthday! :)  

Happy Birthday - but @52 I usually just say "I'm sorry" and give quality liquor.

They want to clean everybody out of money and make us clean up thier mess. It will be "kiss muzrats" until the last dollar clears, before a loss starts, then it will be "did ya'll know mozlums is witches?!" Then, they will clean up on exporting survivors as fast as they imported 'em.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.