garlic

Is your printer spying on you?

Just one more spy device watching our every move.

I guess my Cannon printer is a spy along with my washing machine and dishwasher who all talking to my smart meter!

Whatever!

When NSA contractor Reality Winner allegedly printed out a trove of top secret government information, little did she know that a hidden feature within the printer called tracking dots could forensically lead authorities straight back to her.

What you may not know is that most laser printers made today, found everywhere from offices to public libraries, all have the same tracking technology. So, is your printer able to track you?

Below is a list of printer manufacturers the non-profit digital privacy organisation, EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation), has put together to show which are using invisible yellow dot forensic technology to give away location, time, date, serial number and user ID every time they are used.

More: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/your-printer-spying-you-full-list-manufacturers-who-use-secret-tracking-dots-revealed-1625232

Link to the original article:

https://www.eff.org/pages/list-printers-which-do-or-do-not-display-tracking-dots

Speaking of spying, My daughter and I were at Target today using the self check out. The screen said, "Monitoring in progress." or something like that.

First I stood in front of the screen and made stupid faces, then I stood behind my daughter and acted like she had extra arms. If they are going to "watch" me then I'm going to give them something worth watching. LOL

What a world we live in!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CGK said:

Speaking of spying, My daughter and I were at Target today using the self check out. The screen said, "Monitoring in progress." or something like that.

First I stood in front of the screen and made stupid faces, then I stood behind my daughter and acted like she had extra arms. If they are going to "watch" me then I'm going to give them something worth watching. LOL

What a world we live in!

LOL  Why am I not the least bit surprised? Wish I'd been there, too!  

Just now, Cinnamon said:

LOL  Why am I not the least bit surprised? Wish I'd been there, too!  

I wish you would have been there too. It was really funny because I don't give a crap anymore!

I have not been inside a target store since all their bathroom BS but my daughter drug me into one today to buy a bicycle tire pump. 

Who knew  they video monitor everyone checking out? 

Good thing I didn't print out a Target coupon too.  My printer would have put secret dots on the coupon, then captured us on video at the check out, ran facial recognition connected to a NSA data base and by the time we got to the parking lot we were probably on some sort of bicycle pump watch list. LOL

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CGK said:

I wish you would have been there too. It was really funny because I don't give a crap anymore!

I have not been inside a target store since all their bathroom BS but my daughter drug me into one today to buy a bicycle tire pump. 

Good thing I didn't print out a Target coupon too.  My printer would have put secret dots on the coupon, then captured us on video at the check out, ran facial recognition connected to a NSA data base and by the time we got to the parking lot we were probably on some sort of bicycle pump watch list. LOL

Meh, we're on every list imaginable anyway, because we've been wanting the rule of law enforced.. that's how you get on those lists. :laughl:

• Like 2

I think it was here that I read how 40% of USA households have spying devices in their homes now. It's definitely a lot more because almost everyone has computers and phones.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Carnivalpunk said:

I think it was here that I read how 40% of USA households have spying devices in their homes now. It's definitely a lot more because almost everyone has computers and phones.

Yeh I think it's more like 95 percent. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Carnivalpunk said:

Yep... this thread!

9 hours ago, CGK said:

You are now considered a "potential inflatist"..

govern yourself accordingly....

LOL

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.