Purchase An Ad Slot!
Sign in to follow this  
ESET

Ex-U.S. Attorney Bharara tells of 'unusual' calls he received from Trump

+snip+

"It's a very weird and peculiar thing for a one-on-one conversation without the attorney general, without warning between the president and me or any United States attorney who has been asked to investigate various things and is in a position hypothetically to investigate business interests and associates of the president," Bharara said.

"It was a little bit uncomfortable, but he was not the president. He was only the president-elect," Bharara said.

The third call, however, came two days after Trump's inauguration. That time, he said, he refused to call back.

"The call came in. I got a message. We deliberated over it, thought it was inappropriate to return the call. And 22 hours later I was asked to resign along with 45 other people," he said.

Bharara stopped short of saying whether he thought Trump had obstructed justice in his conversations and subsequent firing of Comey.

However, he said he thought there was "absolutely evidence to begin a case" into the matter.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-bharara-idUSKBN19211S?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social

Gee, a guy loses his job (very customary during a change of administrations) and his opinion is "begin a case against the guy who fired me"?

Seems like an objective sort of situation...:grumph:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobbers said:

Gee, a guy loses his job (very customary during a change of administrations) and his opinion is "begin a case against the guy who fired me"?

Seems like an objective sort of situation...:grumph:

Their last gasps. lol

9 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Their last gasps. lol

Makes one wish that bureaucratic euthanasia was more mainstream...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.