Sign in to follow this  
Ukshep

Israel bans Heinz Ketchup because it’s linked to liver, pancreas, immune system, and brain issues

The food industry only allows it to be sold as “tomato seasoning”, not “tomato ketchup”. Triggered by a series of tests conducted by an Israeli food company also selling ketchup. The tests revealed that, although Heinz boasts over 60% tomato as an ingredient, there was only 21% tomato concentrate in each bottle.

The Heinz parent company, Diplomat, tried to argue that their proportions of tomato concentrate were acceptable according to American and European ketchup standards. At that point, the Israeli health ministry got involved and insisted that Heinz must change their labels from “ketchup” to “tomato seasoning” if they want to continue selling their popular product in the country.

https://www.healthnutnews.com/israel-bans-heinz-ketchup-because-its-linked-to-liver-pancreas-immune-system-and-brain-issues/

No more ketchup for me then! Although I don't eat it much anyway :D

32 minutes ago, Groove said:

Organic Ketchup FTW

Will need to make some myself and bottle it up. COPSAUCE?? sell it :D

Leave a bit of Heinz's on a plate till dry and it hardens to a point only a good scraping or a long soak cleans it...

Now one can imagine what it does to one's body...Gross.

1 hour ago, Ukshep said:

Will need to make some myself and bottle it up. COPSAUCE?? sell it :D

I love it. To me it is a little sweeter than regular store bought but when done right it's the same consistency but a little sweeter flav.  Some companies even sell organic ketchup t my local Walmart lol. I've tried some but still nothing better than homemade.  I have a buddy that makes it for me. I'll have to see if he will give me the recipe. 

4 minutes ago, coco said:

So what's the other 79%?  All sugar?

Probably a type of syrup so yes, Chemicals... Some synthetic stabilizer...

8 hours ago, Ukshep said:

Probably a type of syrup so yes, Chemicals... Some synthetic stabilizer...

Indeed.

For the ‘original’ variety of ketchup sold in the USA, there are 4 grams of sugar per 17 grams of ketchup. So, what’s the rest of ketchup made of? Vinegar, 2 different types of corn syrup (fructose), salt, and other undisclosed spices.

• Like 1

Kraft’s $143 Billion Bid for Unilever Highlights Squeeze in Consumer Goods

U.S. food and beverage maker says U.K. company declined proposal, but ‘we look forward to working to reach agreement on the terms of a transaction’

https://www.wsj.com/articles/kraft-heinz-says-it-made-a-takeover-proposal-to-unilever-but-was-rejected-talks-continue-1487334065

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.