This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Huge Unidentified Cats Are Terrifying English Towns

Ukshep    24,321

Reports of large cats are nothing new to many of the highland areas of the U.K. For decades, large cats and cat-like creatures have been seen around the Bodmin Moor area near Cornwall in Southern England. While some recent claims have been made that the “Beast of Bodmin Moor” is merely an abnormally large house cat, several large animals have been eviscerating sheep and other livestock around the Scottish highlands lately, reviving curiosity in the U.K.’s massive mystery cats. Now, several sightings of a large panther-like animal have been reported in central England, deepening the English big cat mystery.

According to the Burton Mail, one of the sightings occurred outside of Ashby, a small town in North West Leicestershire, England. Local resident Emma Adam was walking with her mother-in-law when she spotted a black cat gnawing on a small animal, only the cat was larger than most dogs.

I've seen these kind's of events ticking up a lot lately. I know for sure that I would not like to meet whatever these things are. A part of me thinks that it is most likely an escaped zoo animal! But I'd be interesting in knowing what you guys and gals think it could be!