ESET

US - Is the Draft Coming? Active Army Needs up to 74,000 More Soldiers, Chief Says

Active Army Needs up to 74,000 More Soldiers, Chief Says

The U.S. Army's chief of staff told Congress recently that the service's active force should add up to 74,000 more soldiers over the next decade to deal with the increasing demands on the operational force.

In addition to a larger active force, Gen. Mark Milley told members of the Senate Appropriations Committee on June 7 that the National Guard should add up to 12,000 soldiers and the Reserves should increase its end-strength by up to 10,000 soldiers.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-South Carolina, said he believed that the demands on the Army over the next decade will only increase.

"How big should the Army be in the next decade Gen. Milley?" Graham asked.

Milley told Graham that "my guess is somewhere for the regular Army is somewhere in and around the 540,000-550,000 range."

"For the National Guard, I'd like to see them in the 350,000-355,000 range and for the Reserves somewhere around the 205,000-209,000 range," Milley said.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2017/06/09/active-army-needs-up-to-74000-more-soldiers-chief-says.html

Edited by ESET

3 hours ago, ESET said:

Active Army Needs up to 74,000 More Soldiers, Chief Says

The U.S. Army's chief of staff told Congress recently that the service's active force should add up to 74,000 more soldiers over the next decade to deal with the increasing demands on the operational force.

In addition to a larger active force, Gen. Mark Milley told members of the Senate Appropriations Committee on June 7 that the National Guard should add up to 12,000 soldiers and the Reserves should increase its end-strength by up to 10,000 soldiers.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-South Carolina, said he believed that the demands on the Army over the next decade will only increase.

"How big should the Army be in the next decade Gen. Milley?" Graham asked.

Milley told Graham that "my guess is somewhere for the regular Army is somewhere in and around the 540,000-550,000 range."

"For the National Guard, I'd like to see them in the 350,000-355,000 range and for the Reserves somewhere around the 205,000-209,000 range," Milley said.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2017/06/09/active-army-needs-up-to-74000-more-soldiers-chief-says.html

Maybe. But I think enlistment bonuses of up to 90k will help.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/2017/06/06/army-offers-up-to-90k-bonuses-to-lure-troops-back.html

White men should stop fighting these wars. We are the true targets and threat to the Jesuits only to be used as pawns for others gain. 

Asking us to fight our white Russian cousins I see. 

Edited by Voncroix

IMHO, a draft today is more than a tad  risky. Right off the bat, you've got the "I didn't volunteer for this" attitude. Not to mention you could be teaching advanced tactics to God knows who or what kind of 18yo.

No, I wasn't in Vietnam, so I don't know how well the draft helped back then.

I vote for advanced tech (short of nukes) to aid the volunteers we already have

1 hour ago, COBO Member said:

IMHO, a draft today is more than a tad  risky. Right off the bat, you've got the "I didn't volunteer for this" attitude. Not to mention you could be teaching advanced tactics to God knows who or what kind of 18yo.

No, I wasn't in Vietnam, so I don't know how well the draft helped back then.

I vote for advanced tech (short of nukes) to aid the volunteers we already have

where I grew up the kids attitudes ( i was a young kid) was you might not want to go, BUT you were proud to serve your country!, I know it was NOT that way everywhere, but that was how it was then for some! I doubt it is that way today!

• Like 1

Start with the democrat voting record and yes, we will have to be sure these fatherless poozees know that you get shot for treason or helping the enemy.....sheesh......but yes, start at ferguson and san diego. 

11 minutes ago, apache54 said:

where I grew up the kids attitudes ( i was a young kid) was you might not want to go, BUT you were proud to serve your country!, I know it was NOT that way everywhere, but that was how it was then for some! I doubt it is that way today!

I think now it's more like "Hey!  I can get 3 hots and a cot without a prison record? And they'll let me play with guns? Kewl!"

Edited by coco
added text

1 minute ago, coco said:

I think now it's more like "Hey!  I can get 3 hots and a cot without a prison record?  Kewl!"

Agreed

sounds about right! LOL  people don't think the same anymore!! and i don't think it is good!

4 minutes ago, coco said:

I think now it's more like "Hey!  I can get 3 hots and a cot without a prison record? And they'll let me play with guns? Kewl!"

The 3 H/C outside of a record has been that way for decades. And play with guns? They prob'ly got that down already. But teaching gang members and wannabe jihadists advanced tactics and military discipline just sounds a little sketchy to me. Kinda like a Muslim in the Army walking into the company berthing tent and opening fire.

11 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

The 3 H/C outside of a record has been that way for decades. And play with guns? They prob'ly got that down already. But teaching gang members and wannabe jihadists advanced tactics and military discipline just sounds a little sketchy to me. Kinda like a Muslim in the Army walking into the company berthing tent and opening fire.

As the mother of a teenage geek, I can guarantee you they're not all gangbangers.  But I see a lot geeks who aren't that savvy and think just this way.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.