Siriusly

Alert: UV Index Off the scale in South-East Spain

I felt the sun burning this morning so I checked it.

And sure enough - Meteovista is showing maximum scales all along the Mediterranian coast.

http://www.meteovista.com/Europe/Sunpower-Spain/155

9 to 11 values are very strong. Coastline indicated as 11+ rest of Spain 10.

Normal for this time of year is 7 or 8 tops.

Current temperature reading in the shade: 30.8 ºC / 87.44 ºF.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Siriusly said:

I felt the sun burning this morning so I checked it.

And sure enough - Meteovista is showing maximum scales all along the Mediterranian coast.

http://www.meteovista.com/Europe/Sunpower-Spain/155

9 to 11 values are very strong. Coastline indicated as 11+ rest of Spain 10.

Normal for this time of year is 7 or 8 tops.

Current temperature reading in the shade: 30.8 ºC / 87.44 ºF.

You know when it says 11+ I wonder how much higher it is going. But I notice 11+ a lot... They need to start telling us, But they won't because not many are asking to see it!

11 minutes ago, One Step Away said:

Here's the US report for today!  I could swear the UV scale used to only go to 10 ...

http://www.intellicast.com/National/Outdoors/UltraViolet.aspx

You know.... Would be interesting to see if any of these intense regions have any news from the side effects. One may be able to detect a pattern and prove a theory somewhat!

I remember where for summer the norm was around 9 max. This is still spring...

Maybe interesting to shop for a mobile UV scanner.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Siriusly said:

12 for New Mexico. (and Florida)

Wow.

I'm in that 12! We wear sunglasses and yes, it does actually feel like you are being microwaved. I am looking for more sheltered digs, even if still in NM, because I'm afraid of july/aug/sep this year. They will have to spray or stuff is going to combust. It was comparable to death valley 4 years ago.....

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Siriusly said:

I remember where for summer the norm was around 9 max. This is still spring...

Maybe interesting to shop for a mobile UV scanner.

This YT channel  has been keeping a running record of the UV in Arizona. He also has people from all over (US +   A few other locations) reporting in their UV readings! Typically the UV readers are higher than what the "weather sources" say the UV is  (imagine that ?) ...

This video is from yesterday 6/10/17.   

• AZ     96°   12.7+ UV  ( with heavy chemtrailing )

• Like 1

Havent seen too much lately but there was a time when lots of ads and commercials and other media depicted a "bright" future where everyone is wearing sunglasses and protective clothing. Probably a warning. 

Just north of Tampa here. Noticed Friday, the sun was very strong, got a little red faced in 15min of exposure.

2 hours ago, One Step Away said:

AZ     96°   12.7+ UV  ( with heavy chemtrailing )

12.7 is insane. I sure hope folks around there are warned to protect their skin.

Makes you wonder what is the cause: diminshed protection from Ozone or magnetic field or higher solar activity?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Siriusly said:

I sure hope folks around there are warned to protect their skin.

:nodl:

One person dies of melanoma every hour (every 54 minutes). An estimated 87,110 new cases of invasive melanoma will be diagnosed in the U.S. in 2017. An estimated 9,730 people will die of melanoma in 2017.Melanoma accounts for less than one percent of skin cancer cases, but the vast majority of skin cancer deaths.

www.skincancer.org/skin-cancer-information/skin-cancer-facts

Melanoma is a skin cancer that can spread earlier and more quickly than other skin cancers. 1 in 50 Americans will develop melanoma in their lifetime. It is the fastest growing cancer in the U.S. and worldwide.

https://www.dosomething.org/us/facts/11-facts-about-melanoma

Can Sunscreen Ingredients Increase Your Risk of Cancer?

Melanoma is a deadly form of skin cancer that has been linked to excessive sun exposure. On the other hand, scientific research has shown that people who lather on sunscreen have an increased risk of developing melanoma. Furthermore, individuals with melanoma who received greater amounts of sun exposure than did others who received less actually had a lower mortality rate. Those individuals with increased sun exposure were less prone to develop an aggressive type of tumor.

Sunscreen Ingredients are a Toxic Soup

Concerns regarding excessive sun exposure and its health hazards have many people slathering on these toxic lotions without any other thought or questions. The FDA admitted in 2007 that they “are not aware of data demonstrating that sunscreen use alone helps prevent skin cancer.” The International Agency for Research on Cancer recommends that finding shade and using proper clothing articles such as hats should be the first barriers for UV radiation exposure. This agency also added that “sunscreens should not be the first choice for skin cancer prevention and should not be used as the sole agent for protection against the sun.”

https://thetruthaboutcancer.com/sunscreen-ingredients-cancer-risk/

Sun Protective Clothing by Solumbra 100+ SPF 

http://www.sunprecautions.com/

• Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.