Sign in to follow this  
Cinnamon

NYT Is Sponsoring An Assassination Depiction Of Donald Trump

Anyone surprised that NYT put money into this? 

In the vein of Kathy Griffin, a “Shakespeare in the Park” production of Julius Caesar by the Public Theater features a mock assassination of a president Donald Trump lookalike. Though the play does not refer to the president by name, the depiction of Caesar bears striking similarities to Trump.

In the play, the actor has reddish hair and wears an unbuttoned overcoat and red power tie. He Tweets from a bathtub and is later stabbed to death by senators next to an American flag.

“Shakespeare’s political masterpiece has never felt more contemporary,” the Public Theatre wrote of the play on their website. Caesar is described as a “magnetic, populist, irreverent,” who “seems bent on absolute power.”

The Public Theater is sponsored by The New York Times, according to a passage on the company’s corporate partnerships page:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/10/nyt-is-sponsoring-an-assassination-depiction-of-donald-trump/

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cosmic Mullet said:

Who they fooling?  The NYT will be dead before Trump.

Self sabotage is a strange phenomenon. 

I never really understood it, but it seems to be getting more common.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cosmic Mullet said:

Who they fooling?  The NYT will be dead before Trump.

I'm not gonna hold my breath but we can wish. Then again, if every MSM outlet that ridiculed Trump went down the drain, we'd be left with...? Reminds me of that old joke about Arkansas cable TV. 237 channels and Hee Haw on every one of them.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.