Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Hello, readers! Please consider adding conspiracyoutpost.com to your adblock whitelist. Our ads support the development and upkeep of the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ukshep

Air Force Grounds F-35s After Reports Of Serious Oxygen Deprivation

Ukshep    16,903

The Air Force has grounded 55 F-35s after several pilots reported serious oxygen deprivation during flights.

Air Force spokesman Capt. Mark Graff released a statement Friday noting that in five cases pilots “reported physiological incidents while flying.” Luckily, a backup oxygen system on the F-35 kicked, which allowed pilots to land without further trouble, Defense One reports.

The incidents occurred at Luke Air Force Base in Arizona, marking the second time Air Force F-35s have been grounded in a year.

According to Graff, the fighter jets at Luke Air Force Base will likely be cleared to fly again Monday.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/09/air-force-grounds-f-35s-after-reports-of-serious-oxygen-deprivation/

Well this is not good at all! Got to have a functioning airforce!

Cinnamon    19,690

What's going on with these incidents? Hey, you ex-military on here, got any ideas about it? 

Jostler    2,216

I wuz a ground pounder, but I know this has been going on for at least many months and I think it's honestly been years.   F-35's are not the only model with recurring oxygen problems either.  F-22's and F-18's have had a similar problem off and on for ages.  something is fishy given how quickly flight safety issues are usually addressed.  Recurring issues are almost unheard of in aviation, but this seems to break all the precedents.

@COBO Member  might know more

COBO Member    2,756
23 minutes ago, Jostler said:

I wuz a ground pounder, but I know this has been going on for at least many months and I think it's honestly been years.   F-35's are not the only model with recurring oxygen problems either.  F-22's and F-18's have had a similar problem off and on for ages.  something is fishy given how quickly flight safety issues are usually addressed.  Recurring issues are almost unheard of in aviation, but this seems to break all the precedents.

@COBO Member  might know more

I don't know a heck of a lot more than what Jostler has stated. I wasn't even aware that the problem existed in F-18s until recently. But not long back, Navy flight instructors in Pensacola told the higher ups that they weren't going flying until the issue got resolved in their T-45s. It shouldn't take a mental giant to look squarely at the vendor(s?) the manufacturers Lockheed (F-22 & F-35) and Boeing (F-18 & T-45) use. Actually, there's a few different places to look. Tech has changed since I was active to the point I couldn't swear they even use LOX (liquid oxygen) bottles. If they do, there's another place to look for possible contamination. It has to be something in the oxygen supply system itself that is common to these particular aircraft. I say that because I haven't heard of this issue in the F-15 or  F-16 fleet.

Anyone in military or commercial aviation gets to ride the pressure chamber and experience hypoxia. Like cancer, it's best cured in the early stages. Blue fingernails is a dead giveaway right before motor skills go down the drain.

Jump To Top