Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ukshep

California Gov. Brown Defies Trump on World Stage & Signs Deal with China

Ukshep    20,108

California Governor Jerry Brown signed a new climate change agreement between the State of California and the People’s Republic of China on Tuesday.

The gesture continued Brown’s efforts to expand ties with China, as well as his diplomatic campaign to push for more action on climate change. It came in the immediate aftermath of President Donald Trump’s decision to withdraw from the Paris Climate Accords.

A statement by Gov. Brown’s office described the new agreement as follows:

Specifically, the agreement expands cooperation on the advancement of low-carbon, renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies such as zero-emission vehicles, energy storage, grid modernization and low-carbon urban development. Under the agreement, California and China will also deepen their partnership and coordination on greenhouse gas emission and air pollution reduction programs, including emissions trading systems and carbon capture.

The Associated Press reports, however, that the agreement does not bind either China or California to specific greenhouse gas emissions reduction targets.

Brown met for 45 minutes with Chinese President Xi Jinping. The AP reports that “Trump’s announcement last week that he wants to pull out of the Paris accord did not come up, according to the governor.”

http://www.breitbart.com/california/2017/06/07/jerry-brown-plays-president-signs-climate-deal-china/

Who does he think he is? President!

Ukshep    20,108
3 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

Good deal, he just committed treason. 

:nodl:

But will action be taken?

thedudeabides    2,372
3 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

But will action be taken?

Hard to say. But this is a clear act of Treason. I mean 100% clear cut. 

Article III

Section 1.

The judicial power of the United States, shall be vested in one Supreme Court, and in such inferior courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish. The judges, both of the supreme and inferior courts, shall hold their offices during good behaviour, and shall, at stated times, receive for their services, a compensation, which shall not be diminished during their continuance in office.

Section 2.

The judicial power shall extend to all cases, in law and equity, arising under this Constitution, the laws of the United States, and treaties made, or which shall be made, under their authority;--to all cases affecting ambassadors, other public ministers and consuls;--to all cases of admiralty and maritime jurisdiction;--to controversies to which the United States shall be a party;--to controversies between two or more states;--between a state and citizens of another state;--between citizens of different states;--between citizens of the same state claiming lands under grants of different states, and between a state, or the citizens thereof, and foreign states, citizens or subjects.

In all cases affecting ambassadors, other public ministers and consuls, and those in which a state shall be party, the Supreme Court shall have original jurisdiction. In all the other cases before mentioned, the Supreme Court shall have appellate jurisdiction, both as to law and fact, with such exceptions, and under such regulations as the Congress shall make.

The trial of all crimes, except in cases of impeachment, shall be by jury; and such trial shall be held in the state where the said crimes shall have been committed; but when not committed within any state, the trial shall be at such place or places as the Congress may by law have directed.

Section 3.

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

The Congress shall have power to declare the punishment of treason, but no attainder of treason shall work corruption of blood, or forfeiture except during the life of the person attainted.

Sounds clear to me. 

apache54    4,883
14 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

Good deal, he just committed treason. 

:nodl:

AGREED, send him to prison or hang him!!!

Curenado    966
55 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

California Governor Jerry Brown signed a new climate change agreement between the State of California and the People’s Republic of China on Tuesday.

The gesture continued Brown’s efforts to expand ties with China, as well as his diplomatic campaign to push for more action on climate change. It came in the immediate aftermath of President Donald Trump’s decision to withdraw from the Paris Climate Accords.

A statement by Gov. Brown’s office described the new agreement as follows:

Specifically, the agreement expands cooperation on the advancement of low-carbon, renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies such as zero-emission vehicles, energy storage, grid modernization and low-carbon urban development. Under the agreement, California and China will also deepen their partnership and coordination on greenhouse gas emission and air pollution reduction programs, including emissions trading systems and carbon capture.

The Associated Press reports, however, that the agreement does not bind either China or California to specific greenhouse gas emissions reduction targets.

Brown met for 45 minutes with Chinese President Xi Jinping. The AP reports that “Trump’s announcement last week that he wants to pull out of the Paris accord did not come up, according to the governor.”

http://www.breitbart.com/california/2017/06/07/jerry-brown-plays-president-signs-climate-deal-china/

Who does he think he is? President!

It doesn't say how much $$$$ that evil old hippie whore is cleaning up on? Would it be great if they did just walk in and shoot him on the spot for treason? The Rosenbergs said goodbye to thier toddlers and were killed for a LOT less than jerry brown or mccain or some of these dem congress people. A lot less.

Groove    1,943

Way to go Brown. Way to go. China has some of the most lax environmental laws in the world. Heck I'd even go as far to say that they helped cause all of this mess.....

...or am I thinking of a diff country in that area... but anyway I find all of this funny, really I do, the people who are doing the damage(the elite) telling us peons that we are the problem.  Ummmm ok. Stop looking the other way when large corporations are dumping toxic waste into the oceans and lakes then maybe just maybe we can begin to fix things. 

Cinnamon    22,993

Ultimate hypocrite Brown, making deals with the world's biggest polluter. 

This is nonbinding, an eyepoke to Trump is all this is, China... better not play this game. 

Automan63    2,188

Good ole moonbat gerry, good luck to him and his signing things. Of course he can't fund a single one because he's too busy supporting his voting base.

What a chooch

Lucy Barnable    5,030

Isn't he the one who said half of his family was here illegally and using forged documents?
That should have been enough to remove him from office if not sent to prison for harboring,
It looks to me like he got too comfortable breaking laws and now he's shot himself in the foot.

:handrubl:

Cinnamon    22,993
11 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

Isn't he the one who said half of his family was here illegally and using forged documents?
That should have been enough to remove him from office if not sent to prison for harboring,
It looks to me like he got too comfortable breaking laws and now he's shot himself in the foot.

:handrubl:

I think that was Rahm Emmanual in Chicago. You'd think Brown was an illegal himself the way he protects them at our expense. 

If California tries to secede... are the pols that stupid?  I hope the wrath of the Feds come down on this state like a ton of bricks if they get anymore serious about that. 

Lucy Barnable    5,030
39 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I think that was Rahm Emmanual in Chicago. You'd think Brown was an illegal himself the way he protects them at our expense. 

If California tries to secede... are the pols that stupid?  I hope the wrath of the Feds come down on this state like a ton of bricks if they get anymore serious about that. 

I had to check but it was him although it sounds like something Emmanual would say and probably did too.

California State Senate Leader: 'Half My Family' Here Illegally
http://www.breitbart.com/california/2017/02/05/california-state-senate-leader-family-illegal-false-documents-deportation/