Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uncle Thanky

U.S. scientists have developed a “memory wipe” enzyme

Uncle Thanky    1,153

"Are there any bad memories in your life that you wish you could simply erase? Researchers might have found a way to do exactly that thanks to the discovery of the enzyme in the brain that plays a pivotal role in storing long-term memories. They believe that this enzyme could be targeted in order to essentially wipe distressing memories out of the minds of people suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). However, like many things that sound too good to be true, this development is raising red flags left and right."

http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-06-05-u-s-scientists-have-developed-a-memory-wipe-enzyme-that-can-erase-memories-forever.html

I wonder what the "Side Effects" are.

apache54    4,867
9 minutes ago, Uncle Thanky said:

"Are there any bad memories in your life that you wish you could simply erase? Researchers might have found a way to do exactly that thanks to the discovery of the enzyme in the brain that plays a pivotal role in storing long-term memories. They believe that this enzyme could be targeted in order to essentially wipe distressing memories out of the minds of people suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). However, like many things that sound too good to be true, this development is raising red flags left and right."

http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-06-05-u-s-scientists-have-developed-a-memory-wipe-enzyme-that-can-erase-memories-forever.html

No side effects because you won't remember who you are!!:D

They have used this on the military (CIA) for awhile,  all I know is it is considered VERY dangerous!!

Cinnamon    22,923

How could they possibly target certain memories?  And wiping it out completely. There are much simpler, concrete ways of reducing emotional reactions to memories that don't involve drugs or completely wiping something out of your mind.  This is not good. 

apache54    4,867
11 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

How could they possibly target certain memories?  And wiping it out completely. There are much simpler, concrete ways of reducing emotional reactions to memories that don't involve drugs or completely wiping something out of your mind.  This is not good. 

:iagree:

Cinnamon    22,923
9 minutes ago, Groove said:

Yeah I don't see this going badly... :whistle:

:gsbrnint: I don't know why that made me laugh... I must wipe that memory now!  

Condor    968
1 hour ago, Uncle Thanky said:

Ah ha!  This ties into my trans humanist thread.  I posted a bit about memories.

On 6/1/2017 at 1:55 AM, Condor said:

"The University of Toronto team has discovered memories are encoded in just a few cells of the brain, and hope they will find a way to wipe out the bad ones using drugs"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/science/scientists-can-now-turn-bad-9858038

LuckyBolt    1,305

Side effects are:

Loss of memory.

Tragedy is what makes us human. To forget is to not learn from what you've been through and/or overcome.  

Who I am today is from the memories I've collected. 

Lucy Barnable    5,017
3 minutes ago, LuckyBolt said:

Side effects are:

Loss of memory.

Tragedy is what makes us human. To forget is to not learn from what you've been through and/or overcome.  

Who I am today is from the memories I've collected. 

Yep: loss of memory, early onset of dementia, nausea, increased appetite and weight gain, loss of sexual desire and other sexual problems, such as erectile dysfunction and decreased orgasm, fatigue and drowsiness, insomnia, dry mouth, blurred vision, constipation, migraine headaches and suicide.

Talk to your doctor and ask if memory wipe is right for you!

*Make sure to take notes because you won't remember a damn thing.

Tarmalen    1,302

No. Period. End of discussion.

Bad memories as well as good memories DEFINE who I am at this point in time.

YourMom2    1,354
7 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

Talk to your doctor and ask if memory wipe is right for you!

:oaeemqeo:

I am reminded of the movie "Total Recall."

Lucy Barnable    5,017
2 minutes ago, YourMom2 said:

:oaeemqeo:

I am reminded of the movie "Total Recall."

:gsbrnint:

I had forgotten about that movie.