Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Hello, readers! Please consider adding conspiracyoutpost.com to your adblock whitelist. Our ads support the development and upkeep of the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGK

Ducks have more rights than people

CGK    2,586

Why do ducks have more rights than me? Let me explain:

Two days ago, I opened the back door to let my 180 lb Leonberger dog outside when he made a mad dash to the pool, jumped in and started chasing ducks. That's right, ducks!

Somehow a mamma Mallard and her 9 babies decided to make my pool their new home. My dog swam around in the pool chasing the ducks while I stood on the deck screaming, "Don't hurt them, they are babies."

Leonberger's are known for being gentle giants. My guy had no intention of killing baby ducks, he was curious and wanted to play with his new floating "toys." Unfortunately he got a bit too close and swiped a couple of the ducks with his huge paws, as the mamma attempted to peck his eyes out.

A couple hours later I went outside and fished two dead baby ducks out of the pool.

I spent the next 3 hours searching the internet trying to figure out what the hell to do with the feathered trespassers squatting on my property.

What I discovered is, Migratory birds are federally protected. I'm not allowed to harass them, relocate them, or harm them in any way.  I'm supposed to build a ramp so they can get in and out of the pool, feed them if there is not enough food/bugs in my yard and let them take over my property for the next 2 months until they are strong enough to fly away.

Last night I threw a towel covered raft on the side of the pool in hopes that they would climb out and go away.

But Nooooooooooo! This morning they had taken over the entire yard. Mamma takes them on walks while they crap everywhere.  So, I spent the better part of 3 hours making phone calls trying to find someway to remove the ducks. I called the city, animal control, parks and wild life, etc. All I got was the run around and  lectures about how they are protected and there was nothing I could do other than surrender my pool to them.

I told one agency to send the Feds to my house and arrest my dog because obviously he was in violation of federal law since he contributed to the death of 2 ducks.

Since ducks carry diseases, are the Feds going to pay my doctor bills or my vet bills if any of us get sick? Are they going to pay to have my pool sanitized after the little bastards spend 2 months getting strong enough to fly away?

I would pay to have them removed and relocated, but that is not allowed!

What I really find ironic is that I can NOT throw them out of my pool, but come hunting season I can shoot them out of the sky. Go figure...

I suppose that since I contacted so many agencies today I am now on a potential duck abuser watch list!

What sort of sick world do we live in when freaking Mallards have more rights than people and property owners?

Cinnamon    19,682
19 minutes ago, CGK said:

Why do ducks have more rights than me? Let me explain:

Two days ago, I opened the back door to let my 180 lb Leonberger dog outside when he made a mad dash to the pool, jumped in and started chasing ducks. That's right, ducks!

Somehow a mamma Mallard and her 9 babies decided to make my pool their new home. My dog swam around in the pool chasing the ducks while I stood on the deck screaming, "Don't hurt them, they are babies."

Leonberger's are known for being gentle giants. My guy had no intention of killing baby ducks, he was curious and wanted to play with his new floating "toys." Unfortunately he got a bit too close and swiped a couple of the ducks with his huge paws, as the mamma attempted to peck his eyes out.

A couple hours later I went outside and fished two dead baby ducks out of the pool.

I spent the next 3 hours searching the internet trying to figure out what the hell to do with the feathered trespassers squatting on my property.

What I discovered is, Migratory birds are federally protected. I'm not allowed to harass them, relocate them, or harm them in any way.  I'm supposed to build a ramp so they can get in and out of the pool, feed them if there is not enough food/bugs in my yard and let them take over my property for the next 2 months until they are strong enough to fly away.

Last night I threw a towel covered raft on the side of the pool in hopes that they would climb out and go away.

But Nooooooooooo! This morning they had taken over the entire yard. Mamma takes them on walks while they crap everywhere.  So, I spent the better part of 3 hours making phone calls trying to find someway to remove the ducks. I called the city, animal control, parks and wild life, etc. All I got was the run around and  lectures about how they are protected and there was nothing I could do other than surrender my pool to them.

I told one agency to send the Feds to my house and arrest my dog because obviously he was in violation of federal law since he contributed to the death of 2 ducks.

Since ducks carry diseases, are the Feds going to pay my doctor bills or my vet bills if any of us get sick? Are they going to pay to have my pool sanitized after the little bastards spend 2 months getting strong enough to fly away?

I would pay to have them removed and relocated, but that is not allowed!

What I really find ironic is that I can NOT throw them out of my pool, but come hunting season I can shoot them out of the sky. Go figure...

I suppose that since I contacted so many agencies today I am now on a potential duck abuser watch list!

What sort of sick world do we live in when freaking Mallards have more rights than people and property owners?

Hmm... I was wondering what you'd been up to this week.  :gsbrnint: 

CGK    2,586
1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

Hmm... I was wondering what you'd been up to this week.  :gsbrnint: 

I'm a federal duck care giver now apparently.

Ukshep    16,885

This thread has been moved to the News & Current Events Forum!

For more information on why? Check out our page on what topics go where! As part of our quality control measures!

Ukshep    16,885
Just now, CGK said:

Duck Doom? Pinworthy me thinks!

Cinnamon    19,682
Just now, CGK said:

You should request payment.  A federal duck sanctuary grant.. yeh... that'll work! 

Ukshep    16,885
29 minutes ago, CGK said:

:nodl: ..........................................:gsbrnint:

LuckyBolt    1,168

Duck confit ?

Build an enclosure, leave a trail of breads crumbs to it an then trap them.

CGK    2,586
2 minutes ago, LuckyBolt said:

Duck confit ?

Build an enclosure, leave a trail of breads crumbs to it an then trap them.

No you cant trap them!

The Migratory Bird Treaty Act makes it illegal for anyone to take, possess, import, export, transport, sell, purchase, barter, or offer for sale, purchase, or barter, any migratory bird, or the parts, nests, or eggs of such a bird except under the terms of a valid permit issued pursuant to Federal regulations. The migratory bird species protected by the Act are listed in  50 CFR 10.13.

https://www.fws.gov/birds/policies-and-regulations/laws-legislations/migratory-bird-treaty-act.php

What is the Migratory Bird Treaty Act?

Stated most simply, the MBTA is a law that protects birds from people. When Congress passed the MBTA in 1918, it codified a treaty already signed with Canada (then part of Great Britain) in response to the extinction or near-extinction of a number of bird species that were hunted either for sport or for their feathers. According to the USFWS: “The MBTA provides that it is unlawful to pursue, hunt, take, capture, kill, possess, sell, purchase, barter, import, export, or transport any migratory bird, or any part, nest, or egg or any such bird, unless authorized under a permit issued by the Secretary of the Interior. Some regulatory exceptions apply. Take is defined in regulations as: ‘pursue, hunt, shoot, wound, kill, trap, capture, or collect, or attempt to pursue, hunt, shoot, wound, kill, trap, capture, or collect.’ ”

http://www.audubon.org/news/the-migratory-bird-treaty-act-explained

MKMinimum    170
13 minutes ago, CGK said:

Try a double dose of shock treatment in the pool. After all, you do need to shock your pool from time to time. Not your fault if you dump way too much in on accident. :D 

Cinnamon    19,682
11 minutes ago, CGK said:

possess,

Call them up and turn yourself in. lol

CGK    2,586
13 minutes ago, MKMinimum said:

Try a double dose of shock treatment in the pool. After all, you do need to shock your pool from time to time. Not your fault if you dump way too much in on accident. :D 

I already thought about that but now that Im on their duck watch list, there is probably a drone over my house watching me right now. Maybe I will get the pool guy to do it. That way he goes to jail not me..LOL

Jump To Top