Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Hello, readers! Please consider adding conspiracyoutpost.com to your adblock whitelist. Our ads support the development and upkeep of the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ukshep

A devastating global cyber attack is imminent, warn experts

Ukshep    17,196

Experts have warned that a devastating global cyber attack is imminent.

The hack, called 'ExplodingCan', targets computers running on Microsoft Windows 2003, which means that it could be used to attack 375,000 computers worldwide. 

This puts it in the same risk category as last month's WannaCry ransomware attack which caused mayhem around the world, crippling vital servers such as those used by the NHS.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4573210/Hackers-working-global-ExplodingCan-cyber-attack.html

Theresa May calling for internet regulations, Hackers taking down infrastructure... pattern emerging yet? Is it becoming clear to you! It should be!

Ukshep    17,196

One question though... who still uses 2003??

Ukshep    17,196
3 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

I would guess government. 

I guess they all those bombs they buy eat up all the money....

thedudeabides    2,274
1 minute ago, Ukshep said:

I guess they all those bombs they buy eat up all the money....

Not sure about these days but they used to adapt operating systems and do there own updates. I stopped  paying attention after 2007. 

Brio    1,038
11 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

I wondered too so I goggled it

18 March 2015

A NEW SURVEY has found that 61 percent of businesses are still using Windows Server 2003, just four months before Microsoft pulls the plug on support.

The research from Spiceworks forms the centrepiece of its new report, "The Great IT Upgrade", which examines the economic and technical impacts of end of life (EoL) on IT departments.

https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2400343/windows-server-2003-is-still-running-in-61-percent-of-businesses

Estimates vary, I'm sure less today than when the article was written. But seems to me MS will benefit from the predicted hack.

YourMom2    1,354

I love me some "experts."

I'll take Best Guess for $100, Alex.

Ukshep    17,196
2 minutes ago, Brio said:

I wondered too so I goggled it

https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2400343/windows-server-2003-is-still-running-in-61-percent-of-businesses

Estimates vary, I'm sure less today than when the article was written. But seems to me MS will benefit from the predicted hack.

If they are to profit..... Then this is all suspect!

DRUMZ    779
9 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

The hack targets Microsoft Windows 2003 servers running the Internet Information Services version 6.0 (IIS 6.0) web server.

I believe they are referring to Server 2003. A lot of businesses still use Server 2003 But have updated computers.

Brio    1,038
4 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

If they are to profit..... Then this is all suspect!

Indeed. :coffeetime:

I read wannacry target was 97% Win 7. Was it a trial run? The whole episode just quietly faded away and I heard no reports of co.s having to pony up to get their systems back online.

EMC2    277
50 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Experts have warned that a devastating global cyber attack is imminent.

The hack, called 'ExplodingCan', targets computers running on Microsoft Windows 2003, which means that it could be used to attack 375,000 computers worldwide. 

This puts it in the same risk category as last month's WannaCry ransomware attack which caused mayhem around the world, crippling vital servers such as those used by the NHS.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4573210/Hackers-working-global-ExplodingCan-cyber-attack.html

Theresa May calling for internet regulations, Hackers taking down infrastructure... pattern emerging yet? Is it becoming clear to you! It should be!

Microsoft board meeting: "Sales have been dropping steadily since 2003. Nobody is purchasing our newer operating systems. Any ideas?" "What if..."

Jump To Top