Jump to content
Advertise With Us!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Cinnamon

Emergency Message for U.S. Citizens – Security Incidents in London

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

 Cinnamon    16,175

U. S. Embassy London
Emergency Message for U.S. Citizens
Security Incidents in London
03 June 2017

Police in London are reporting that serious security incidents have occurred on the evening of June 3 on London Bridge and at the nearby Borough Market.  U.S. citizens in London are urged to avoid those areas and to follow local media and other information sources for additional guidance.  You can follow police updates directly via Twitter at @metpoliceuk.

Review your personal security plans, remain aware of your surroundings, especially in crowds or at large events, and monitor local news sources for updates.  Be vigilant and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security.

If you are a U.S citizen in the United Kingdom and you are safe, please let family and friends know, including by updating your status on social media.

More Information

See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and United Kingdom Country Specific Information.

Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.

Contact the U.S. Embassy in London, located at 24 Grosvenor Square, London, W1K 2LQ, at +44 (0) 20 7499 9000, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday or by email at SCSLondon@state.gov. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens in need of urgent assistance is:  +44 (0) 20 7499 9000.

Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Stand

https://uk.usembassy.gov/eml-06032017/

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 CGK    2,254
5 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and United Kingdom Country Specific Information.

 

 

Ok..look where they are warning us not to go...Not exactly vacation hot spots. I guess Donald did not see the March 29 warning about Saudi. lol

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings.html

Warning

May 26, 2017 Central African Republic Travel Warning Warning May 22, 2017 Haiti Travel Warning Warning May 22, 2017 Pakistan Travel Warning Warning May 10, 2017 Yemen Travel Warning Warning May 9, 2017 North Korea Travel Warning Warning May 2, 2017 Tunisia Travel Warning Alert May 1, 2017 Europe Travel Alert Warning April 11, 2017 Israel, The West Bank and Gaza Travel Warning Warning April 11, 2017 Niger Travel Warning Alert April 6, 2017 Kenya Travel Alert Warning April 5, 2017 Nigeria Travel Warning Warning March 30, 2017 Sudan Travel Warning Warning March 29, 2017 Democratic Republic of the Congo Travel Warning Warning March 29, 2017 Saudi Arabia Travel Warning Warning March 28, 2017 Turkey Travel Warning Warning March 22, 2017 Mauritania Travel Warning Warning March 22, 2017 Cameroon Travel Warning Warning March 22, 2017 Syria Travel Warning Warning March 21, 2017 Afghanistan Travel Warning Warning February 22, 2017 Eritrea Travel Warning Warning February 15, 2017 Lebanon Travel Warning Warning February 14, 2017 El Salvador Travel Warning Warning January 31, 2017 Iraq Travel Warning Warning January 27, 2017 Libya Travel Warning Warning January 23, 2017

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Cinnamon    16,175
4 minutes ago, CGK said:

Ok..look where they are warning us not to go...Not exactly vacation hot spots. I guess Donald did not see the March 29 warning about Saudi. lol

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings.html

Warning

May 26, 2017 Central African Republic Travel Warning Warning May 22, 2017 Haiti Travel Warning Warning May 22, 2017 Pakistan Travel Warning Warning May 10, 2017 Yemen Travel Warning Warning May 9, 2017 North Korea Travel Warning Warning May 2, 2017 Tunisia Travel Warning Alert May 1, 2017 Europe Travel Alert Warning April 11, 2017 Israel, The West Bank and Gaza Travel Warning Warning April 11, 2017 Niger Travel Warning Alert April 6, 2017 Kenya Travel Alert Warning April 5, 2017 Nigeria Travel Warning Warning March 30, 2017 Sudan Travel Warning Warning March 29, 2017 Democratic Republic of the Congo Travel Warning Warning March 29, 2017 Saudi Arabia Travel Warning Warning March 28, 2017 Turkey Travel Warning Warning March 22, 2017 Mauritania Travel Warning Warning March 22, 2017 Cameroon Travel Warning Warning March 22, 2017 Syria Travel Warning Warning March 21, 2017 Afghanistan Travel Warning Warning February 22, 2017 Eritrea Travel Warning Warning February 15, 2017 Lebanon Travel Warning Warning February 14, 2017 El Salvador Travel Warning Warning January 31, 2017 Iraq Travel Warning Warning January 27, 2017 Libya Travel Warning Warning January 23, 2017

 

There goes our world tour... lol

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Cinnamon    16,175
3 minutes ago, CGK said:

Right? I was really looking forward to Hati, Pakistan and Niger. I had my flip flops packed and was ready to go. LOL

Is there really anywhere left for Americans to go safely abroad? The neo-cons have worked hard at making the entire world hate the average American. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Groove    1,421
4 minutes ago, CGK said:

Right? I was really looking forward to Hati, Pakistan and Niger. I had my flip flops packed and was ready to go. LOL

I may actually be going to Haiti in a couple months if all goes right. My wife is wanting to go see family. Her brother just came from there and even said "the muslims are trying to move in over there but good luck with that, we kicked the last communist out and def won't put up with that terrorist crap."  Haitians are proud people and will not put up with outsiders coming in telling them what to do. Wild West Justice will happen there if they try anything. But prayers all around for every country touched by any of this mess. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 CGK    2,254
Just now, Cinnamon said:

Is there really anywhere left for Americans to go safely abroad? The neo-cons have worked hard at making the entire world hate the average American. 

I think Americans are still safe to vacation in Ireland as long as they are Catholic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Cinnamon    16,175
1 minute ago, Groove said:

I may actually be going to Haiti in a couple months if all goes right. My wife is wanting to go see family. Her brother just came from there and even said "the muslims are trying to move in over there but good luck with that, we kicked the last communist out and def won't put up with that terrorist crap."  Haitians are proud people and will not put up with outsiders coming in telling them what to do. Wild West Justice will happen there if they try anything. But prayers all around for every country touched by any of this mess. 

Can O' Whoopass  lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Groove    1,421
10 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Can O' Whoopass  lol

Yes indeed. My wife was there in the 70's when the people rose up and tossed out the president. She sees it happening again if they try to force Islam in that country. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Cinnamon    16,175
1 minute ago, Groove said:

Yes indeed. My wife was there in the 70's when the people rose up and tossed out the president. She sees it happening again if they try to force Islam in that country. 

Good for her!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 CGK    2,254

Government message:

Warning, Warning Warning...Be afraid..very afraid.Do not leave your house! The world is a bad place. Everything you do might kill you.

Dont drive your car, you could die in a crash

Do not eat. Your food could be contaminated or maybe it has been dusted with peanuts and you might be allergic to them.

Do not fly. Terrorist could blow up your plane.

Do not attend any public events. Everyone knows that there is at least one Terrorist in the crowd that wants to kill you.

Take your medication as prescribed and watch TV because that is how we send our subliminal programing to you.

Stay in your box and behave.

We are the government and we are here to protect you. Be afraid of everything!

Thank you. Now pay your taxes and shut up.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up to our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  1. Jump To Top
×