Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BeachedOnMars

Losers That Dont Show Up for Work

I was taught that when accepting a job, that being at work on time was one of the most important aspects.  Running my own business I understand just how true that is.  Why is it so hard for some people to get out of bed and make it to work on time? Seems like a major ordeal for a lot of people these days, young and old.  Always some type of drama BS excuse.  And there are just as many out there who say they want and need work, but dont even show up, or then the kind that want you to pick them up for work and they are still sleeping when you get there.......WTF?? ...... I just do not get it.

five    361
1 hour ago, BeachedOnMars said:

I was taught that when accepting a job, that being at work on time was one of the most important aspects.  Running my own business I understand just how true that is.  Why is it so hard for some people to get out of bed and make it to work on time? Seems like a major ordeal for a lot of people these days, young and old.  Always some type of drama BS excuse.  And there are just as many out there who say they want and need work, but dont even show up, or then the kind that want you to pick them up for work and they are still sleeping when you get there.......WTF?? ...... I just do not get it.

Management woes... I get it. 

Millennials are the worst in my experience. They seem to need somebody to hold their hand. Not all of them, but most. 

Go to work, do the job, go home. Every damn day. It's not much fun but it's also not that hard. Gotta eat to live, gotta work to eat. They need to get used to it. 

Siriusly    259

Being brainwashed into thinking you are entitled and then coming to realize you are not.

The shock of finding out that the workplace is not a democracy is even worse for them.

Freeze and be cool or melt and dribble away. Those are the two options for the snowflakes.

thedudeabides    2,372
10 hours ago, BeachedOnMars said:

Because people are not being paid fair compensation.

kbet    844
5 hours ago, thedudeabides said:

Then they should quit. The old saying is "employers pretend to pay, employees pretend to work". Notice "pretend to work", in order to pretend to work, you have to show up to work.

My first real job after turning 18, I was a complete f up. I took off whenever I felt like it, but when on the job worked hard, and was conscientious. Like, when the end of the day bell rang, instead of running to clockout, if the owners needed help carrying something, I would gladly help, even though I was "off the clock". That and being a reliable and somewhat skilled employee(spray painter), helped to keep them from canning me.

So, no pay raises, no benefits, "because I was part time". Granted, my poor performance in showing up, was because I was emotionally recovering, from a messed up childhood/teenage years. In some respects, when I think about it, I kick myself in the ass, as they wanted to pay me more, and they wanted to give me all kinds of promotions, but in the end I left that job because of personnel stress. 

My next job, as a kind of "self atonement", I missed less then 2-3 day's a year, with some years not missing a day at all(Night Auditor). During the five years there, never even took vacation time, even though the pay kind of sucked.

Now? Been unemployed for a few years since graduation because: bad spinal cord(hiking stupidity accident when 19 finally taking a toll), bad knee joints and bad knuckles(vaccines I suspect), and the "lovely" glass floor.

As a man with a name more commonly used by gal's, my resume was awesome and I got tons of interviews for clerical/accounting job's, especially with a healthy 3.5 GPA(was a 4.0 before non americanized dot heads bought the motel and purged the white workers. I tried back breaking labor, with a bad back at night, while attending school during the day, so had to drop a quarter resulting in 0 in all my classes. For the last year I wouldn't even look at my GPA until graduation, that is how bad it got nuked). When they found out I was a man during the interview process, I got the ni@@er treatment. One plant manager hanged up on me during a phone interview, another illegally(against corporate policy) removed me from the second interview listing. HR manager added me back on, and was awesome, but the plant manager was pissed and there was simply no way I was getting the job.

A government contractor company, in a tit for tat thing(because I'm a somewhat handsome guy), the feminist scumbags because of a court ruling against a gal who was fired for being "too hot", waited until the appeal court ruling and sent me a "you passed all our testing with flying colors, but we decided to go with someone else" email. Suffice to say, in my wrath, I violated my own self governing laws on "noble combat", and effortlessly destroyed/brought to ruin the feminist movement in retaliation. It should of been a crowning lifetime achievement, but because of how I did it, it leaves the taste of ash in my mouth. Granted, the blowback/unintended consequences from that has been severe across society, and opened doors that where once firmly closed for the flow of the timeline, but I digress. Thing's don't "just happen", there is always a flicked over domino, that starts a process of things.

Coupled with a form of aphasia that effects my ability to understand logic/advance mathematic stuff, I gave up on life, with my only hobby/sense of joy/wellbeing, being f'ing over leftists, and anyone else/ideology, I blame for making my journey on this world more difficult then it ought to have been. The other parts of my intelligence, are well above average, coupled not being bound by logic*, makes me something other than human, when examining intellectual capabilities. Can't learn computer programming, or be able to build any of the machines that my mind conceives** of for the life of me, so, I just try to keep from going totally radioactive.

Now to move back on topic, I know someone, a man with a wife and several children, everyone does everything to help him and his family(even to the point of practically giving them a house, that just needed to be gutted and remodeled). Someone even helped him get a job making 19hr, and even though his family needed the money, he decided to take a week off when his favorite video game series released a new title. Suffice to say, that job didn't last long. 

Even now, he is offered work of $400 a week, wood clearing type job, and he still thinks it is beneath him. One day he swears he is going to "become a cop or fireman", the next he contemplates working for a job corp type place as an educator, even though he can barely compose a paragraph(third to fourth grade level of writing).

Sad day, when they have to borrow*** money from the likes of me, but the reality is, some people are just lazy and hopeless. Even after their apartment burned down, right before their house was ready, the wife was offered a job by a local business owner. Since there was no opening in the department she wanted to work in, she semi rudely turned it down.

Personally, yeah I live with my parents, but: I do work around the house, offer sound advice and insight****,  and do odd jobs and stuff for currency/personnel spending money, and know how to be an obedient/polite moocher. Doing dishes for more then 15 minutes might begin to cause severe pain, or I might be bedridden for a day because of total joint pain, but, pacing oneself is key to life. 

*My perception of the world is fundamentally different then others, due to the characteristics of my overall intelligence. Parts of "logic intelligence" is a kind of natural user interface for the world around us, but also chains that bind and blind humans. A good quantitative example is that Xbox Kinect, Body and Brain Connection game. Logic portion was zero, the rest near maxed out, or top of the scale, to any who used it before.

**A bread crumb: How radar messed with the Roswell craft:

Via a thought experiment, it became self evident how their craft was powered: antimatter generator. The source of the antimatter, was artificial lightning, within an enclosed environment. They used some kind of containment field, to separate the antimatter and store it upon creation, as well as shield the artificial lightning, from the surrounding environment. Radar screwed with the containment field, causing the generator to stop working/having a really bad day.

The origins of this thought experiment where "how to turn lightening into a directed energy weapon", when it became clear it would make a better power generator; then realizations of the danger of radar and other frequencies to said generator; then remembrance of Roswell. Since Roswell, I speculate they adopted a hardened shielding around the generator itself. A broad "spooky skipping" frequency, might be able to be used to bypass their safety measures, to bring down their craft.

https://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2011/11jan_antimatter/

***No way would I ever give them direct loans, but only loan other people money, to loan them(basically, would require someone else/parents, to underwrite the loan).

**** Parent's often give me detailed information on their coworkers/supervisors/bosses, and from that I give them advice on the inner workings of said peoples minds, so they can effortlessly interact with them, and advance their workplace performance. It is one of those things that has to flow naturally, akin to breathing automatically. If I try to force it, it won't work, but if it naturally comes to me, my mind is able to piece all the data together, to give me clear insights.

P.S

In the likeness of Daniel, I'm a total mercenary intellectually, in so far as I will not engage in dishonesty, lies or anything that violates my beliefs. My skill set's beyond innate perceptional and conceptual near savant* abilities, is general clerical, bookkeeping, and entry level accounting. If that seems like random fishing, it is because it is, never know who you might come across, and who is observing whom.

*I consider myself to be a failed genius/savant, due to head trauma in the womb, that caused that form of aphasia. Granted, I do not know if my general mental/emotional stability is a result of having that portion of my intelligence eliminated, or natural. Meaning if that event never occurred, I may of became a genius/savant, but would be totally batshit crazy.

Bobbers    199

Regardless of the job I had, I was always on time.  And tried to be the best dishwasher, laundry worker, factory help, etc. I could be.  Simple personal pride was my motivation.  No, I wasn't sucking up or trying to get ahead, those early jobs weren't long term, or full time, or "what I wanted to be when I grew up", they were just jobs.

Ten minutes early, at least, is "on time" to me; anything less than that is flirting with danger.

I suspect that's generational as much as anything.  I was raised with the idea that being late was a clear form of disrespect, and being disrespectful wasn't allowed...

14 hours ago, thedudeabides said:

This is what is happening all over the world right now, societies are failing and falling primarily due to the extreme level of corruption that has led to obscene levels of inequity in the world today... this has been coming a long time.. a problem that has been ignored year after year; decade after decade now rears it's ugly head.  This is what denial and failure to demand real leadership has wrought on us all.  In a fair and just society, the motivation and desire to achieve exists naturally as there actually IS a "dream" worth pursuing; where as now, there is merely an illusion-like carrot on a stick that has begun to fool it's last group of people and the people are now tired broken and waking up and it will get ugly going further down this road. The choice is ours to either change and evolve as an entire society and species;  or continue to play the denial game where those with the power to actually change things for the better continue on their selfish paths dragging us all along with them.   Somewhere along the way, we lost direction and began accepting further and further more extreme designs of capitalism... always with ever more creative justifications that seemed to look so good at the time for the few.  The sheeple went along with it sadly -mistaking faith in God with faith in their fellow man... seeming to forget the fact that all in this world are sinners and many more are ravenous wolves in sheep's clothing -  many have been fooled.  Will the majority of us continue this trend?  Such heavy deceptions taking place today all around.   2 Thessalonians 2:11 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie  -   I'd say this about qualifies.  It's very easy to blame and point fingers at the younger generations... but remember when you point a finger, three are pointing back at yourselves.  Millennials did not in fact create this mess we are now in.. Nor has any generation today actually taken a real definitive stand against all that has befallen the world -which seems to now be reaching a culmination all around us - is it not?  Before answering that question:  I implore you to look past the media's constant banal attempts to control the perceptions of what our current reality exists as today in ALL parts of the world....  for those with eyes to see... not just seeing what we would prefer to see.  

Matthew 24:12King James Version (KJV)

12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.