Advertise With Us!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cinnamon

This is Your Brain on Acid (Seriously)

Rate this topic

Cinnamon    16,461

The study of psychedelics is "bringing psychotherapy and medicine together," says David Nutt, a neuropsychopharmacologist at Imperial College London and a co-author of the first imaging study looking at the effects of LSD on the human brain. "Drug-assisted psychotherapy is going to be the great advance in the [field in the] next 20 years."

In 2009, Nutt was fired from his job as a drug adviser to the British government after he made comments about ecstasy and other illegal drugs being less dangerous than alcohol and even horseback riding.

Reason's Zach Weissmueller sat down with Nutt at the Psychedelic Science 2017 conference in Oakland to talk about the results of his groundbreaking imaging study, what he learned about drug policy while working as a science adviser for the English government, and what he sees for the future of psychedelics and mental health treatment.

• Like 2

Cinnamon    16,461

Found that alcohol was the most harmful of all drugs available in the UK. Much more than weed. This guy got fired because he told the truth and accused him of trying to change govt. policy. 

• Like 3

apache54    3,238
14 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Found that alcohol was the most harmful of all drugs available in the UK. Much more than weed. This guy got fired because he told the truth and accused him of trying to change govt. policy. 

gotta love the government!! we are here to help you!!  LOL

• Like 1

kbet    564

Acid doesn't work for me..:cry1:

Seriously, bought it two times, other people it affected, but me, nothing.

Zing    716
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cinnamon said:

The study of psychedelics is "bringing psychotherapy and medicine together," says David Nutt, a neuropsychopharmacologist at Imperial College London and a co-author of the first imaging study looking at the effects of LSD on the human brain. "Drug-assisted psychotherapy is going to be the great advance in the [field in the] next 20 years."

In 2009, Nutt was fired from his job as a drug adviser to the British government after he made comments about ecstasy and other illegal drugs being less dangerous than alcohol and even horseback riding.

Reason's Zach Weissmueller sat down with Nutt at the Psychedelic Science 2017 conference in Oakland to talk about the results of his groundbreaking imaging study, what he learned about drug policy while working as a science adviser for the English government, and what he sees for the future of psychedelics and mental health treatment.

I read the psilocybin in mushrooms as helpful for depression and other mental disorders too, but Big Pharma doesn't want you to know.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/may/17/magic-mushrooms-lift-severe-depression-in-clinical-trial

Edited by Zing
  • Like 4

Cinnamon    16,461
56 minutes ago, Zing said:

I read the psilocybin in mushrooms as helpful for depression and other mental disorders too, but Big Pharma doesn't want you to know.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/may/17/magic-mushrooms-lift-severe-depression-in-clinical-trial

They want us to be like those mushrooms.. kept in the dark and fed bs. lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kbet said:

Always test your stuff. It may not have been LSD. It could have been a smaller bit on the paper. Some SSRI's greatly reduce the effects of LSD as well.

• Like 1

Curenado    724

I think organics are "made out of what you are made of" and still superior in all around benefits than lsd....but that's just imo. Andrew Weil seems to think physical benefits are there with lsd too

abigfatzero    1,713

Beer never made me run out of my house stark naked and climb a telephone pole because I saw the devil, as happen to someone I knew, he was never the same again....true story bro.

Unchained@SA    199
5 hours ago, kbet said:

I used to use LSD and XTC, I stopped round 13 years ago. The stuff you buy now a days are not the real thing. Its all cut, mixed or anything but the real thing.

Kenorri    38

We used to say anyone who tripped more than 10 times was certifiable. The stuff we got in the 60's was blotter and homemade. Rarely could you get high-grade clinical doses but the difference was tremendous. 12 hours of amazing scenarios and a candle could fascinate you all night. All it took to make a nightmare was a sprained ankle or a car accident and your pleasant journey took the wrong fork in the road. I can see its uses in mental illness but the dosing would have to be tightly controlled because of the wide-ranging effects. A few mics might tone down the voices for a few hours but a guru dose may send someone on a hell ride forever.