Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

octopus prime

The Significance of Biblical Numbers & 2017

http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/article.cfm?recent_news_id=1280

I don't agree with everything they say, but I will try to take some of the amazing things these prophecy teachers say that seems right to me and pass it on in my own words.

Notice these six (the number of man) historical facts:

1897--A Zionist conference was held to find a homeland for the Jews.
1917--War: England capture Palestine (Israel, Jerusalem and more).
1947--A UN conference was held to find a homeland for the Jews.
1967--War: Israel captured West Bank (including East Jerusalem).
1997--An Arab conference was held to take the homeland of the Jews.
2017--War: threats from Iran, Hezbollah, ISIS, some Arabs, etc.

Notice that these six historical facts run 20 + 30 + 20 + 30 + 20:

1897 + 20 = 1917
1917 + 30 = 1947
1947 + 20 = 1967
1967 + 30 = 1997
1997 + 20 = 2017

Notice that the conferences run in 50-year cycles:

1897--1st conference; find a homeland for the Jews.
1947--2nd conference; establish a homeland for the Jews (1897 + 50 = 1947).
1997--3rd conference; take the homeland from the Jews (1947 + 50 = 1997).

Notice that these 50-year cycles were held by three different groups.

1897--The 1st conference was a Jewish conference.
1947--The 2nd conference was a Gentile (UN) conference (1897 + 50 = 1947).
1997--The 3rd conference was an Arab conference (1947 + 50 = 1997).

Notice that three of these 50-year cycles are about war.

1917--War: England captured Palestine (Israel, Jerusalem and more).
1967--War: Israel captured West Bank (East Jerusalem and more).
2017--War: Remains to be seen, but very possible.

(Cut)

Condor    966

Great post Octo!

Also to beat the dead horse that is the 100 years anniversary of the Bolshevik "revolution". 

Hang onto your butts!

Tarmalen    1,295
2 hours ago, octopus prime said:

http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/article.cfm?recent_news_id=1280

I don't agree with everything they say, but I will try to take some of the amazing things these prophecy teachers say that seems right to me and pass it on in my own words.

Notice these six (the number of man) historical facts:

1897--A Zionist conference was held to find a homeland for the Jews.
1917--War: England capture Palestine (Israel, Jerusalem and more).
1947--A UN conference was held to find a homeland for the Jews.
1967--War: Israel captured West Bank (including East Jerusalem).
1997--An Arab conference was held to take the homeland of the Jews.
2017--War: threats from Iran, Hezbollah, ISIS, some Arabs, etc.

Notice that these six historical facts run 20 + 30 + 20 + 30 + 20:

1897 + 20 = 1917
1917 + 30 = 1947
1947 + 20 = 1967
1967 + 30 = 1997
1997 + 20 = 2017

Notice that the conferences run in 50-year cycles:

1897--1st conference; find a homeland for the Jews.
1947--2nd conference; establish a homeland for the Jews (1897 + 50 = 1947).
1997--3rd conference; take the homeland from the Jews (1947 + 50 = 1997).

Notice that these 50-year cycles were held by three different groups.

1897--The 1st conference was a Jewish conference.
1947--The 2nd conference was a Gentile (UN) conference (1897 + 50 = 1947).
1997--The 3rd conference was an Arab conference (1947 + 50 = 1997).

Notice that three of these 50-year cycles are about war.

1917--War: England captured Palestine (Israel, Jerusalem and more).
1967--War: Israel captured West Bank (East Jerusalem and more).
2017--War: Remains to be seen, but very possible.

(Cut)

I wonder if there is a measurable underlying cause...other than humans...

schumann resonance

sun cycle

position of moon

A combination of multiple events

Just throwing a few out there..I am sure there are more....

Not trying to debunk...but after working with many humans on massive projects to very small projects...it's like herding kittens....it's a wonder ANYTHING gets done!

AztlanRising    496

Kind of only distantly related o.p., have you heard of the assertion that the Dow Jones Industrial Average / stock market tends to have a significant top in years that end in the number 7?

Some examples I tend to remember listed from where ever I saw this: 1937, 1947, 1957, 1967, 1977, 1987, 1997, 2007.......

Ukshep    19,881
6 hours ago, AztlanRising said:

Kind of only distantly related o.p., have you heard of the assertion that the Dow Jones Industrial Average / stock market tends to have a significant top in years that end in the number 7?

Some examples I tend to remember listed from where ever I saw this: 1937, 1947, 1957, 1967, 1977, 1987, 1997, 2007.......

Oooh Interesting... This could explain this year so far then? Dang. Can't believe we are half way through 2017 already!

7 hours ago, AztlanRising said:

http://proactiveadvisormagazine.com/stock-market-years-ending-in-7/

Stock market years ending in “7” have had some very interesting drama. Many of us remember the Crash of ‘87, of course. Up through August, 1987 had been a wonderful year, as prices surged ahead. There were problems moving forward in September and October, and then a torrent of selling was unleashed beginning on Oct. 14, culminating with the Crash on Oct. 19. The market fell 22% in that one day.

Market historians may also remember the Panic of 1907—which turned out to be very important in the grand scheme of things. In this Panic, the NYSE Index fell almost 50% in a three-week period in October 1907. The NYSE approached J. P. Morgan to round up his friends and provide liquidity to the markets. He had done this before—effectively acting as a Federal Reserve Bank would (but in those days there wasn’t a Fed). He grudgingly did so, and the Panic was contained, but only after some scary moments for Morgan and friends. At that point, he said he wouldn’t be doing this anymore and that the United States needed a Federal Reserve Bank. The Fed was subsequently created in 1913.

1917 wasn’t pretty, either. Despite a booming economy, the Dow lost 33% from November 1916 to November 1917.

1937 was another ugly year, as the Dow lost 22% in the last three months of the year. We’ve written about this time period before. In short, the economy was trying to come out of the Depression, but the Fed raised interest rates too early, sending a secondary shock through the system. The economy plunged, but—not wanting to panic people by using the word “depression” again—the word “recession” was invented. The smoke and mirrors probably didn’t help people too much, though, as the unemployment rate rose to 19%.

In looking at data from the Stock Trader’s Almanac, it is also interesting to note that $SPX lost 14% in 1957 (I don’t remember that one), 11% in 1977 (I do remember that one), and 2007 was pretty scary, too, as that was the year we first learned what “subprime debt” was—and it led to a nasty summer decline.

See Related Article: Understanding the $VIX futures term structure

There were some positive years, most notably 1997 (+31% on $SPX), but mostly they were subdued.

(Cut)

9 hours ago, Tarmalen said:

I wonder if there is a measurable underlying cause...other than humans...

schumann resonance

sun cycle

position of moon

A combination of multiple events

Just throwing a few out there..I am sure there are more....

Not trying to debunk...but after working with many humans on massive projects to very small projects...it's like herding kittens....it's a wonder ANYTHING gets done!

If we were in a matrix like some believe, it would be mathematical.  Numbers and patterns would be more significant,  would they not? I'm sure you've heard of it:

Tegmark's MUH is: Our external physical reality is a mathematical structure. That is, the physical universe is mathematics in a well-defined sense, and "in those [worlds] complex enough to contain self-aware substructures [they] will subjectively perceive themselves as existing in a physically 'real' world". The hypothesis suggests that worlds corresponding to different sets of initial conditions, physical constants, or altogether different equations may be considered equally real. Tegmark elaborates the MUH into the computable universe hypothesis (CUH), which posits that all computable mathematical structures (in Gödel's sense) exist.

The theory can be considered a form of Pythagoreanism or Platonism in that it posits the existence of mathematical entities; a form of mathematical monism in that it denies that anything exists except mathematical objects; and a formal expression of ontic structural realism.

Tegmark claims that the hypothesis has no free parameters and is not observationally ruled out. Thus, he reasons, it is preferred over other theories-of-everything by Occam's Razor. He suggests conscious experience would take the form of mathematical "self-aware substructures" that exist in a physically "real" world.

The hypothesis is related to the anthropic principle and to Tegmark's categorization of four levels of the multiverse.

Andreas Albrecht of Imperial College in London called it a "provocative" solution to one of the central problems facing physics. Although he "wouldn't dare" go so far as to say he believes it, he noted that "it's actually quite difficult to construct a theory where everything we see is all there is".

Tarmalen    1,295

Ohh I get it...I also get the selective mind. I can theorize that the selected data was just that...selected.

There were many different meetings and conferences during all those years.

It's easy to play with numbers to tell a tale.

1 hour ago, Tarmalen said:

Ohh I get it...I also get the selective mind. I can theorize that the selected data was just that...selected.

There were many different meetings and conferences during all those years.

It's easy to play with numbers to tell a tale.

Absolutely.  But sometimes...