Advertise With Us!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Fatimus Maximus

$25 BBL Oil & Fewer Cars By 2021

Rate this topic

Will you ride in driverless cars?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Will you ride in driverless cars?

• Sure. Why not?
    • Not no, but Hell No!
    • Yes, if they are proven safe.
    • Uncertain.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/23/reporters-notebook-be-warned-us25-oil-is-coming-and-along-with-it-a-new-world-order.html

First and foremost, RethinkX co-founder and Stanford University economist and professor Tony Seba told CNBC's "Street Signs" that the rise of self-driving cars will see oil demand plummet, the price of that commodity drop to $25 a barrel, and oil producers left without the political or financial capital they have today.

Personally, I don't trust self-driving cars. However, it's inevitable these will begin to take hold. Of course, Lithium is mined in China so they automatically become a bigger global player. Russia will have nothing but natural gas and snow to offer. America 2021 is going to look more like Blade Runner or Shadowrun than Star Trek. We're getting into some weird territory for certain. (Not sure if this belongs in news or conspiracy.)

• Like 1

Ukshep    14,427
1 hour ago, Fatimus Maximus said:

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/23/reporters-notebook-be-warned-us25-oil-is-coming-and-along-with-it-a-new-world-order.html

First and foremost, RethinkX co-founder and Stanford University economist and professor Tony Seba told CNBC's "Street Signs" that the rise of self-driving cars will see oil demand plummet, the price of that commodity drop to $25 a barrel, and oil producers left without the political or financial capital they have today.

Personally, I don't trust self-driving cars. However, it's inevitable these will begin to take hold. Of course, Lithium is mined in China so they automatically become a bigger global player. Russia will have nothing but natural gas and snow to offer. America 2021 is going to look more like Blade Runner or Shadowrun than Star Trek. We're getting into some weird territory for certain. (Not sure if this belongs in news or conspiracy.)

Never will I get in a driver-less car!

kbet    530

Self driving cars is a pipe dream unless:

The Federal government spends billions, if not trillions, overhauling every single road in the country. The car's themselves, aren't even 10% of the equation. In order for smart self driving car's, you need smart self guiding roads.

apache54    3,149
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Never will I get in a driver-less car!

Oil monies run the worlds economy and driver less cars won't impact the oil enough to keep it at $25.00 a barrel.  it will require many other things to keep oil low and allot of that at the moment is politics, ( dirty type)

Edited by apache54
  • Like 1

DRUMZ    564
3 minutes ago, apache54 said:

Oil monies run the worlds economy and driver less cars won't impact the oil enough to keep it at $25.00 a barrel.  it will many other things to keep oil low and allot of that at the moment is politics, ( dirty type)

The shit is so plentiful that it should be lower than 25 bucks a barrel right now. And...... They are finding more everyday!

But..... You got it! Dirty politics!

• Like 1

apache54    3,149
1 minute ago, DRUMZ said:

The shit is so plentiful that it should be lower than 25 bucks a barrel right now. And...... They are finding more everyday!

YUP, between the OIL- medical- insurances, etc. etc. they been screwing the joe's for years and the sheeple just keep smiling and sitting on the couch doing nothing but allowing them to continue to do it!!

• Like 1

apache54    3,149
3 minutes ago, DRUMZ said:

:iagree:====== out of likes

• Like 1

DRUMZ    564
15 minutes ago, apache54 said:

YUP, between the OIL- medical- insurances, etc. etc. they been screwing the joe's for years and the sheeple just keep smiling and sitting on the couch doing nothing but allowing them to continue to do it!!

I am in the energy biz and remember that the price hung in the 20's for years. We/they were still making profits.

When the price went above 100, money flowed like you would never believe.

Right now, I think that it would have to go below 15 before many of the larger companies would begin to not make a profit.

• Like 1

apache54    3,149
1 minute ago, DRUMZ said:

I am in the energy biz and remember that the price hung in the 20's for years. We/they were still making profits.

When the price went above 100, money flowed like you would never believe.

Right now, I think that it would have to go below 15 before many of the larger companies would begin to not make a profit.

I was in the energy biz for awhile, I built power plants for GE for a short period of time and have a understanding of that end of it.

Ronin    128
35 minutes ago, kbet said:

Self driving cars is a pipe dream unless:

The Federal government spends billions, if not trillions, overhauling every single road in the country. The car's themselves, aren't even 10% of the equation. In order for smart self driving car's, you need smart self guiding roads.

"[...]there were only 124 "disengagement" incidents last year, where a driver had to take control of a test vehicle on public roads, down from 341 in 2015.

The cars drove nearly 636,000 miles last year, compared with just over 424,000 in 2015.[...]"

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-38839071

apache54    3,149
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Ronin said:

"[...]there were only 124 "disengagement" incidents last year, where a driver had to take control of a test vehicle on public roads, down from 341 in 2015.

The cars drove nearly 636,000 miles last year, compared with just over 424,000 in 2015.[...]"

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-38839071

I understand, BUT the bottom line is REALITY and that means our complete infrastructure is falling apart, roads, bridges, electrical grid, water systems, and what ARE they doing about IT, basically NOTHING!! no pun intended but they are going down the wrong road!! won't matter if they have driver-less vehicles if there is NO safe roads to drive on!

Edited by apache54

Ronin    128
1 hour ago, apache54 said:

I understand, BUT the bottom line is REALITY and that means our complete infrastructure is falling apart, roads, bridges, electrical grid, water systems, and what ARE they doing about IT, basically NOTHING!! no pun intended but they are going down the wrong road!! won't matter if they have driver-less vehicles if there is NO safe roads to drive on!

as the systems become more sophisticated... it'll probably be better at negotiating road obstacles than most humans. but that's kind of moot.

...i think a lot of people seem to miss where all this is going. people seem to focus on all the wrong stuff. i've said this before, and i'll say it again now. they are not automating everything so everyone gets to live in utopia. i reckons you'd need to be less sighted than ray charles ever was to miss where this is headed. once they have all this shit sorted... most of us are going to be deaded.