Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Hello, readers! Please consider adding conspiracyoutpost.com to your adblock whitelist. Our ads support the development and upkeep of the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ukshep

Court Says FACEBOOK Can Block Parents From Deceased Kid's Account...

Ukshep    16,883

Two German parents looking to find clues about their daughter’s death, which they believe could have been a suicide, will have to look beyond Facebook. An appeals court in Germany ruled that Facebook’s refusal to let them access their daughter’s account will be upheld on Wednesday.

The case began shortly after the teen was reportedly struck and killed by a train at age 15 in 2012, when Facebook first refused to allow parents account access. Despite having the login information, which they say their daughter had shared with them before her death, they found themselves unable to log on since the page had been “memorialized.”

This action, which occurred when a Facebook friend of the deceased teen contacted the company regarding the account holder’s death, prohibits others from logging into it. Though the public parts of the page are still visible, the parents would not be able to see private messages she may have written.

Facebook has refused to share which of the daughter’s online contacts had reported her death, which the Guardian states would have required proof of her death.

http://www.vocativ.com/434819/facebook-deceased-teen-germany/

I think they made a major mistake, sometimes parents are left with unanswered questions after losing a child... these questions will torture and plague the parents.... because facebook is now destroying one method of acquiring those answers...

Cinnamon    19,672
44 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Two German parents looking to find clues about their daughter’s death, which they believe could have been a suicide, will have to look beyond Facebook. An appeals court in Germany ruled that Facebook’s refusal to let them access their daughter’s account will be upheld on Wednesday.

The case began shortly after the teen was reportedly struck and killed by a train at age 15 in 2012, when Facebook first refused to allow parents account access. Despite having the login information, which they say their daughter had shared with them before her death, they found themselves unable to log on since the page had been “memorialized.”

This action, which occurred when a Facebook friend of the deceased teen contacted the company regarding the account holder’s death, prohibits others from logging into it. Though the public parts of the page are still visible, the parents would not be able to see private messages she may have written.

Facebook has refused to share which of the daughter’s online contacts had reported her death, which the Guardian states would have required proof of her death.

http://www.vocativ.com/434819/facebook-deceased-teen-germany/

I think they made a major mistake, sometimes parents are left with unanswered questions after losing a child... these questions will torture and plague the parents.... because facebook is now destroying one method of acquiring those answers...

I'm sure they're looking at this from a legal standpoint. They don't care about people or their feelings. On the one hand, it might help parents understand more, on the other they might find out things that they never wanted to know. So, I'm not sure what is the right thing on this. Social media is the "property" of the person who made it, but does inheritance come into play with something like that? I guess not in that German court. This will be tested elsewhere. 

Jump To Top