Advertise With Us!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cinnamon

Fake Mashed Potatoes (good for diabetics)

Rate this topic

Cinnamon    16,274

I really can't eat much starch so I'm always looking for ways to get what I like and not eat it, it makes me gain weight really fast. Mashed potatoes is one of my favorite foods. So I found a recipe for making a fake version. 

Use cauliflower instead of potatoes, you have to blend it up really good after you steam it or boil it until it's tender. Then just add whatever you do to mashed potatoes and mix together. 

Then eat it.  lol  

It's not exactly the same texture, but close enough. The taste is close enough.  This should be good for diabetics, too, since the carb count is super low. 

• Like 1

DRUMZ    564
18 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

I really can't eat much starch so I'm always looking for ways to get what I like and not eat it, it makes me gain weight really fast. Mashed potatoes is one of my favorite foods. So I found a recipe for making a fake version. 

Use cauliflower instead of potatoes, you have to blend it up really good after you steam it or boil it until it's tender. Then just add whatever you do to mashed potatoes and mix together. 

Then eat it.  lol  

It's not exactly the same texture, but close enough. The taste is close enough.  This should be good for diabetics, too, since the carb count is super low. 

I make that but with one small boiled potato added along with some butter and a little milk.

A little salt, a little pepper and.......

:clap1: 

• Like 1

Cryptic Mole    3,601

I started doing this a few years ago and it's actually pretty good. It's a healthy alternative. I add the butter with a pinch of salt, but most times I don't add any milk. It has a mild aftertaste, though.

• Like 1

FredoIsSmart    412
20 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Then eat it.  lol  

Cauliflower is awesome! Dont punish yourself though, enjoy some taters once in a while! 

"Cauliflower is a member of the cancer-fighting cruciferous family of vegetables

Cauliflower is anti-inflammatory and antioxidant-rich, and may boost both your heart and brain health

Eating cauliflower will provide your body with impressive amounts of vitamin C, vitamin k, beta-carotene, and much more while supporting healthy digestion and detoxification."

• Like 2

Cinnamon    16,274
3 hours ago, DRUMZ said:

I make that but with one small boiled potato added along with some butter and a little milk.

A little salt, a little pepper and.......

:clap1: 

Thanks! I'll try that next time, it should improve the texture a lot, I didn't even think of that. :)