Advertise With Us!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
ESET

Germany: Merkel limits deportations to Afghanistan following Kabul attack

Rate this topic

ESET    1,190

Germany will limit its deportation of refugees from Afghanistan, said German Chancellor Angela Merkel in Berlin, Thursday. The statement comes following a car bomb attack in the country's capital the previous day.

Speaking at a press conference, Merkel stated that deportations would be restricted to criminals, "persons who pose a threat on a case-by-case basis" and "people who are persistently resisting identification."

A deadly car bomb attack in the Wazir Akbar Khan neighbourhood, a diplomatic district of Kabul, Wednesday, killed at least 90 people and wounded numerous others, resulting in one of the deadliest incidents tour occur in the capital in recent years.

SOT, Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany (German): "The recent attack next to the German embassy has contributed to the Foreign Minister's [Sigmar Gabriel] decision to re-evaluate the security situation in Afghanistan. I have already said today in the morning that I find it absolutely appropriate. According to the current overview by the Foreign Ministry deportations were possible. This was applicable to the measures that have been taken so far."

SOT, Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany (German):

"Until we receive a new assessment of the situation in Afghanistan by the foreign ministry, and until the German embassy in Kabul is fully operable again we will stick to encouraging voluntary returns as well as the deportation of criminals and persons who pose a threat on a case-by-case basis.

This also applies to people who are persistently resisting identification.

We have since talked about the time frame for a new assessment and the ministers aim to present in July at the latest. As I already said, they are aiming to. We still need to see how everything develops."

apache54    3,168
41 minutes ago, ESET said:

Germany will limit its deportation of refugees from Afghanistan, said German Chancellor Angela Merkel in Berlin, Thursday. The statement comes following a car bomb attack in the country's capital the previous day.

Speaking at a press conference, Merkel stated that deportations would be restricted to criminals, "persons who pose a threat on a case-by-case basis" and "people who are persistently resisting identification."

A deadly car bomb attack in the Wazir Akbar Khan neighbourhood, a diplomatic district of Kabul, Wednesday, killed at least 90 people and wounded numerous others, resulting in one of the deadliest incidents tour occur in the capital in recent years.

SOT, Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany (German): "The recent attack next to the German embassy has contributed to the Foreign Minister's [Sigmar Gabriel] decision to re-evaluate the security situation in Afghanistan. I have already said today in the morning that I find it absolutely appropriate. According to the current overview by the Foreign Ministry deportations were possible. This was applicable to the measures that have been taken so far."

SOT, Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany (German):

"Until we receive a new assessment of the situation in Afghanistan by the foreign ministry, and until the German embassy in Kabul is fully operable again we will stick to encouraging voluntary returns as well as the deportation of criminals and persons who pose a threat on a case-by-case basis.

This also applies to people who are persistently resisting identification.

We have since talked about the time frame for a new assessment and the ministers aim to present in July at the latest. As I already said, they are aiming to. We still need to see how everything develops."

she is a criminal, so DEPORT HER as well!!