Advertise With Us!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Curenado

California De-Criminalizes AIDS attacks

Rate this topic

Curenado    724

The state Senate on Wednesday voted to no longer make it a felony for someone infected with HIV to knowingly expose others to the disease by having unprotected sex without telling his or her partner about the infection.

The crime would be downgraded to a misdemeanor, and the bill would also apply to people who donate blood or semen without telling the blood or semen bank that they have acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, or AIDS, or have tested positive for human immunodeficiency virus, or HIV, the precursor to AIDS.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/essential/la-pol-ca-essential-politics-updates-knowlingly-exposing-others-to-hiv-1496281754-htmlstory.html

• Like 2

Oregonian    260
Posted (edited)

Wow....

That's messed up, especially someone who has a grudge against the opposite sex....now can really ho themselves out and ruin alot of lives for the equivalency of stealing a candy bar...

I double checked....on the blood bank thing....since I might need a transfusion at some point and was like wtf.....american red cross states it screens for a plethora of diseases...

Chagas disease (T. cruzi)

Hepatitis B virus (HBV)

Hepatitis C virus (HCV 3.0)

Human Immunodeficiency viruses, Types 1 and 2 (HIV 1,2)

Human T-Lymphotropic virus (HTLV-I/II)

Syphilis (Treponema pallidum)

West Nile virus (WNV)

http://m.redcrossblood.org/learn-about-blood/what-happens-donated-blood/blood-testing

That's reassuring to me least

Edited by Oregonian

five    314

Wow is right. This is basically making biological warfare a minor offense. 

• Like 1

Cinnamon    16,274

It's not passed yet, but I'm sure these idiots will pass it. Anything bad for ordinary people, they pass it, just like the Feds. This is truly outrageous that they would even CONSIDER doing that. If anything, they should get life in prison for that or be forced to work to pay the medical bills of those who they infected. This kind of crap makes me nuts just watching it go on. There is NO benefit to the public to pass something like this. If it's ok to knowingly infect someone with that, why not ANYTHING?  Including ebola or any other level 5 pathogen. 

Cinnamon    16,274
Just now, five said:

Wow is right. This is basically making biological warfare a minor offense. 

I was trying to say that! But my response is longwinded and pissy. lol

• Like 1

Cinnamon    16,274
13 minutes ago, Oregonian said:

Wow....

That's messed up, especially someone who has a grudge against the opposite sex....now can really ho themselves out and ruin alot of lives for the equivalency of stealing a candy bar...

I double checked....on the blood bank thing....since I might need a transfusion at some point and was like wtf.....american red cross states it screens for a plethora of diseases...

Chagas disease (T. cruzi)

Hepatitis B virus (HBV)

Hepatitis C virus (HCV 3.0)

Human Immunodeficiency viruses, Types 1 and 2 (HIV 1,2)

Human T-Lymphotropic virus (HTLV-I/II)

Syphilis (Treponema pallidum)

West Nile virus (WNV)

http://m.redcrossblood.org/learn-about-blood/what-happens-donated-blood/blood-testing

That's reassuring to me least

We need a way to store our own blood in case we need it. I don't trust anything anymore. Too many "errors". Plus Bayer sent tainted blood and infected Canadians and they lost the suit, even though Bayer knew, it was purposeful. 

Curenado    724

Aspirin, heroin, bayer has given us so many things

Bayer's first and best known product was aspirin; there is a dispute about what scientist at Bayer made the most important contributions to it, Arthur Eichengrün or Felix Hoffmann. Bayer trademarked the name "heroin" for the drug diacetylmorphine and marketed it as a cough suppressant and non-addictive substitute for morphine from 1898 to 1910. Bayer also introduced phenobarbital, prontosil, the first widely used antibiotic and the subject of the 1939 Nobel Prize in Medicine, the antibiotic Cipro (ciprofloxacin), and Yaz (drospirenone) birth control pills. In 2014 Bayer bought MSD's consumer business, with brands such as Claritin, Coppertone and Dr. Scholl's. Its BayerCropscience business develops genetically modified crops and pesticides. Its materials science division makes polymers like polyurethanes and polycarbonate.