Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Hello, readers! Please consider adding conspiracyoutpost.com to your adblock whitelist. Our ads support the development and upkeep of the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ukshep

BREAKING : CNN FIRES KATHY GRIFFIN

Ukshep    16,966

CNN has terminated our agreement with Kathy Griffin to appear on our New Year's Eve program.

And that is that!

vegascraps    91

At least there was finally backlash for a libtard instead of always a conservative. She should still be investigated but this is a good step in the right direction.

CGK    2,586

Getting fired from the CNN New Years Eve party is the least of her worries. She could do up to 5 years in jail for her little prank if Trump wants to push the issue.

Ukshep    16,966
1 minute ago, CGK said:

Getting fired from the CNN New Years Eve party is the least of her worries. She could do up to 5 years in jail for her little prank if Trump wants to push the issue.

He should push. Make an example of her.

vegascraps    91
2 minutes ago, CGK said:

Never happen. She is a comedian it would be a hell of a task to prove in court due to this fact alone.

thedudeabides    2,274
1 minute ago, vegascraps said:

Never happen. She is a comedian it would be a hell of a task to prove in court due to this fact alone.

Uhmmm

A threat....a threat alone is enough to convict. 

Just Jo    225
3 minutes ago, vegascraps said:

On behalf of all comedians, I take offense to that remark;)

vegascraps    91

Yes but it was a prop and satirical. A good lawyer could spin it into nothing to convince a jury. I am not taking her side but just my opinion on trial law.

CGK    2,586
Just now, Ukshep said:

He should push. Make an example of her.

That's what I'm thinking too. It might be time to show everyone that he will enforce the law.

She claimed in her "apology" that she was joking, so that throws this into a gray area. It might be worth pursuing a case just to shut her up and make her spend the rest of her days in court defending her actions. A high profile case certainly would make the rest of the media think twice before they threaten the President. 

THREATS AGAINST PRESIDENT

18 USC 871, makes it a Federal crime or offense for anyone to willfully make a true threat to injure or kill the President of the United States.

http://www.lectlaw.com/def2/t028.htm

CGK    2,586
7 minutes ago, vegascraps said:

Yes but it was a prop and satirical. A good lawyer could spin it into nothing to convince a jury. I am not taking her side but just my opinion on trial law.

You are correct. Although, he could push it and cost her a lot of time and money defending herself in court. The fact that he claims his kid was traumatized after seeing it on TV,  puts a new spin on the case. Trump is no dummy when it comes to lawsuits.

<snip>

For example, if a comedian makes a joke about killing the president, it probably wouldn't violate the law, even if it lacks good taste (although a comedian is still capable of making a credible threat). In fact, legendary comedian Groucho Marx was quoted in 1971 as saying "I think the only hope this country has is Nixon's assassination." It may have been an irresponsible comment, but one protected as free speech.

Essentially, the jury is tasked with determining whether a statement is a credible threat against the President, Vice President, or other government official covered by this statute. First Amendment protections make this determination necessarily nuanced and fact-based. Did the defendant mean their words to be taken as a threat, and would a reasonable person regard them as such? What tone was used when the statement was made, and what were the reactions of the listeners or audience?

More: http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/threatening-the-president-or-other-government-officials.html

vegascraps    91

Very risky imo. If you lose it makes more of a statement than if you win. The law is already on the books. So nothing to win here. The already hit her bank account which is all they care about anyway.

Jump To Top