Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ukshep

Russia successfully tests 'unstoppable' 4,600mph hypersonic weapon that is faster than ANY global anti-missile system

Ukshep    19,940

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4557934/Russia-successfully-launches-unstoppable-cruise-missile.html

Russia has launched five successful flights of a hypersonic jet that is capable of destroying an aircraft carrier with a single impact, according to a new report. 

The Zircon cruise missile travels between 3,800mph and 4,600mph - five to six times the speed of sound - and puts Russia 'half a decade' ahead of the US', the report says.

This makes it faster than any anti-missile system, including those that are expected to appear in the next two decades.   

~ It's things like this that tell me the US is not the top dog. And that tells me conflict is coming!

Curenado    949

Pretty damn cool! No wonder we're warming up the flyin donuts....wonder what they do?

thedudeabides    2,372
24 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4557934/Russia-successfully-launches-unstoppable-cruise-missile.html

Russia has launched five successful flights of a hypersonic jet that is capable of destroying an aircraft carrier with a single impact, according to a new report. 

The Zircon cruise missile travels between 3,800mph and 4,600mph - five to six times the speed of sound - and puts Russia 'half a decade' ahead of the US', the report says.

This makes it faster than any anti-missile system, including those that are expected to appear in the next two decades.   

~ It's things like this that tell me the US is not the top dog. And that tells me conflict is coming!

dude...we have pinpoint laser defense....ya know speed of light. 

Brio    1,038

No doubt a response to this

Pentagon Successfully Shoots Down Simulated ICBM Attack

according to the Pentagon, the much anticipated intercept of an intercontinental ballistic missile was a success, and the mock ICBM warhead was shot down over the Pacific "in a success for America's missile defense program." The test was the first of its kind in nearly three years, and was the first test ever targeting an intercontinental-range missile like North Korea is developing.

Check but not mate.

Automan63    2,164

Que up the urgent need for a Hyperspeed defense interceptor system to the tune of several hundred billion dollars with cost overruns to double that.

Time to meet the "new and improved" Hyperspeed red menace

WhiteHorse    583

Electromagnetic radiation can travel at near light speeds, we have pulse wave technology. In a vacuum the radio waves can reach light speeds. It would not surprise me any if there were dual force weapons that can both create a vacuum by molecule manipulation that would allow plasma to fly at these speeds. 

CSB    2,026
16 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

dude...we have pinpoint laser defense....ya know speed of light. 

Good point ! This is something that people are not thinking about . We may not have as many laser defense systems to their missiles but it wouldn't take long to build them ..

Anyone that would think that we can't defend ourselves would be wrong ...

Either way a war with Russia would be a hell of a fireworks show ....

You wont see it coming .....

thedudeabides    2,372
4 minutes ago, CSB said:

Good point ! This is something that people are not thinking about . We may not have as many laser defense systems to their missiles but it wouldn't take long to build them ..

Either way a war with Russia would be a hell of a fireworks show ....

You wont see it coming .....

They also have to build enough of these hypersonic icbms to over come our laser defense. Essentially we could easily keep pace.

Brio    1,038
3 minutes ago, CSB said:

This is true, anyone would be insane to imagine the US response to an attack would be half-assed. My concern is the only ones to get defenses will be the ones who created the conflict.

13 minutes ago, WhiteHorse said:

Electromagnetic radiation can travel at near light speeds, we have pulse wave technology. In a vacuum the radio waves can reach light speeds. It would not surprise me any if there were dual force weapons that can both create a vacuum by molecule manipulation that would allow plasma to fly at these speeds. 

Not to mention Project THOR...