Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

An Open Letter From a Conspiracy Forum Owner! More like a rant!

Rate this topic

Ukshep    13,303

An Open Letter From a Conspiracy Forum Owner

So you clicked yourself into this post and your probably wondering wtf is this about? Well let me tell you all about it! I've been visiting conspiracy websites and Alternative News websites since i was about 10. Which is pretty young in this game. I've been at it 14-15 years now which is also nothing in comparison to some of the people that exist in these locations. But i have to share some shit with you all, Call this clearing the air. Call this what you want. But i feel this need to confront absolutely everyone in this area with this post. Especially if you give a damn about the truth.

So lets get started! Why am i here? To express my concern about the subject field and real truth versus whatever the hell has been going on.

For a long time i believed these kinds of sites would take me down the rabbit hole. Would answer my questions and help me see the truth. I guess that is partly true. But what i see is something i DO NOT LIKE! We have lots of conspiracy forums and lots of alternative news sites. But Sadly even though we are supposed to be the awakened variety we still follow the darn sheeple mentality that we all swear we broke the hell away from.

80% of the conspiracy forums and alternative websites that exist today do nothing but use and abuse the userbase/followers they have, From milking them for cash, Scamming them left right and center. This even follows all the way to youtuber stars of the ct world. WTF happened? ITS ALL DOWN TO MONEY! WTF Happened to TRUTH. WTF Happened to making a difference. No its all about making the userbase do as its told through forms of control and abuse. The Top 3 CT forums use the same method. All of them Control the userbase through the form of promoting narcissistic behaviour and the banning/removal of anyone with a brain that does not fall in line.

Almost all of the real truthers left long ago, those that stay have either not been around long enough or see what i see and adapt to fit the mentality.

I left the whole ct scene and alternative news sites 1 year, 6 months ago and began to change things in my life and prepare to just live. But i was asked to come back and help with the running of a new ct forum. Which ended in the admin removing me completely and closing the forum because she had decided she wanted to sell said forum. Once again all down to money! So i started my own forum. Went through the changes and experienced what you would expect from running this type of a forum.

Now im sitting here and wondering wtf is going on. My site is small, the userbase i have feels the same damn way i do about all of this shit. And yet the machine of disinfo continues to turn. People seem to have traded government overlords for forum owner overlords who punish, attack, and censor anything that does not fit them, while promoting narcissistic behaviour and milking the userbase for a paycheck that most of them use on beer and blow!

Its no longer a truther community. Its a community of sheep who follow false leaders while they pilfer your pockets.

Its time everyone in the ct community took a good look at the sites/owners they visit and ask themselves the real question! Is this how i want to be treated?

Break the damn illusion! Im fucking sick of it!

Edited by Ukshep

Well said Shep  I felt this way for quite a while. If you are going to places that make money off you that is the main motivation the money. Be it through commercial revenue or donations .   Sites and YouTube channels that crank out conspiracy after conspiracy to pump up the user base are not concerned about our beliefs . 

They are concerned about money I could name names but I will refrain .  I have stated this position regularly on this site .  People have seen me do it. I agree with your position 100% .

Ukshep    13,303

Well said Shep  I felt this way for quite a while. If you are going to places that make money off you that is the main motivation the money. Be it through commercial revenue or donations .   Sites and YouTube channels that crank out conspiracy after conspiracy to pump up the user base are not concerned about our beliefs . 

They are concerned about money I could name names but I will refrain .  I have stated this position regularly on this site .  People have seen me do it. I agree with your position 100% .

Its sadly the truth. And it is not just based in conspiracy forums but the whole truth movement. Sensationalistic Articles with no basis on facts generate thousands of hits for some people and are pure fiction most of the time. Disinfo for profit. In one form or another. This is why i started this forum. Im fucking sick of it. I just want to provide a place everyone can get down to shit that matters.

I've been down the rabbit hole and back up several times, through different holes. Each time i understand more and more. Hell my understanding of things now has forced my brain to leave certain things behind. I dont get annoyed or bothered by certain people or events any more because of it. You could say i have transcended the things that most people end up fixated on.

Im just tired, like a one man army going against the entire forces of Germany during ww2. But i know that others exist who will creep behind me and put a hand on my shoulder in solidarity and together we will move forward.

i know of at least 1 other site that begs for money from its membership base. i love to forum. i love posting revelant articles to keep people entertained as well as spark discussion if it warrents it. i love being social on forums. 98% of the time i dont really actually side with a ct article. you can say iam the odd man out. as for cop, i really enjoy socializing with everyone here, brings me joy. cop on shep.

Its sadly the truth. And it is not just based in conspiracy forums but the whole truth movement. Sensationalistic Articles with no basis on facts generate thousands of hits for some people and are pure fiction most of the time. Disinfo for profit. In one form or another. This is why i started this forum. Im fucking sick of it. I just want to provide a place everyone can get down to shit that matters.

I've been down the rabbit hole and back up several times, through different holes. Each time i understand more and more. Hell my understanding of things now has forced my brain to leave certain things behind. I dont get annoyed or bothered by certain people or events any more because of it. You could say i have transcended the things that most people end up fixated on.

Im just tired, like a one man army going against the entire forces of Germany during ww2. But i know that others exist who will creep behind me and put a hand on my shoulder in solidarity and together we will move forward.

The absurdity  of some of the claims astounds me.  I have actually begun to believe that many people know full well how absurd some claims are.  That these people are doing this solely as a source of entertainment.   It offends me because it takes away from the real conspiracies and gives material for the mainstream media to laugh at us .

I have suffered the fate you described on different forms under different names. When I refused  to go along with certain lunacies I was singled out and attacked relentlessly and when I stood my ground and proved my point the moderators joined in.

Edited by Falling down

Cinnamon    14,599

The absurdity  of some of the claims astounds me.  I have actually begun to believe that many people know full well how absurd some claims are.  That these people are doing this solely as a source of entertainment.   It offends me because it takes away from the real conspiracies and gives material for the mainstream media to laugh at us .

I'm wondering if that might be the sole purpose of at least some of the sites that are sensationalizing to the point of being absurd. Mainstream media has a field day with some of it and their audience is a lot bigger than any CT forum out there. Branding everyone who questions as crazy does have its benefits for those who want to silence dissent.

I'm wondering if that might be the sole purpose of at least some of the sites that are sensationalizing to the point of being absurd. Mainstream media has a field day with some of it and their audience is a lot bigger than any CT forum out there. Branding everyone who questions as crazy does have its benefits for those who want to silence dissent.

I have strongly thought this for sometime now. That some people are so in need of entertainment or attention that they'll pick up impossible claims .  The problem for Shep is where do you draw the line and how do you weed out the crazy theories as opposed to the rational ones without looking biased yourself .

It's a definite catch 22 for him  I think one way is to watch any group that regularly uses the alert button .  I have always felt that is another form of censorship that they use as a tool to apply .

From my years on the sites  I have noticed that the real thinkers tend to hang alone.   The other "enthusiast" seem to run in a gang  pump each other's false claims up and complement each other  regularly .

Morrighan    15

Absolutely it's a catch 22 for Shep.  Fortunately you are doing a brilliant job at managing this forum to be exactly as you have described.  Yes, there are some ridiculous threads posted, but it's not too often people gang up on each other (especially after the sock purge). 

I appreciate very much what you've done, and are doing. :)  I am with you 100%, FWIW.

Ukshep    13,303

I have strongly thought this for sometime now. That some people are so in need of entertainment or attention that they'll pick up impossible claims .  The problem for Shep is where do you draw the line and how do you weed out the crazy theories as opposed to the rational ones without looking biased yourself .

It's a definite catch 22 for him  I think one way is to watch any group that regularly uses the alert button .  I have always felt that is another form of censorship that they use as a tool to apply .

From my years on the sites  I have noticed that the real thinkers tend to hang alone.   The other "enthusiast" seem to run in a gang  pump each other's false claims up and complement each other  regularly .

Its actually pretty simple. When you moderate without an agenda of profit making. I use the default rules and leave everything else up to the userbase. They will then decide if something is legit or not. When no evidence is shown most know its fake. But this is the way it has to be to avoid censorship. Some disinfo comes in but at least its not promoted by the staff you know.

Its actually pretty simple. When you moderate without an agenda of profit making. I use the default rules and leave everything else up to the userbase. They will then decide if something is legit or not. When no evidence is shown most know its fake. But this is the way it has to be to avoid censorship. Some disinfo comes in but at least its not promoted by the staff you know.

That is a very good tactic. The only problem you could have then is if a small group is promoting the position against the greater good of the site .

The one rule I have always agreed with on TC sites. Is that no member should be asking for donations for another site or YouTube channel .

YourMom2    1,282

I have suffered the fate you described on different forms under different names. When I refused  to go along with certain lunacies I was singled out and attacked relentlessly and when I stood my ground and proved my point the moderators joined in.

I am offended by the CT police that think the only valid conspiracies are ones consistent with their own belief system. Flat earth is a classic example of this. We live in a closed system riddled with secrets and lies where up is really down. That is the true craziness. I would only admonish those that feel the need to sensationalize the facts, making mountains out of molehills.

Ukshep    13,303

That is a very good tactic. The only problem you could have then is if a small group is promoting the position against the greater good of the site .

The one rule I have always agreed with on TC sites. Is that no member should be asking for donations for another site or YouTube channel .

and that is only a problem with shills. And as you saw we banned several and the socks days ago for doing it.