Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Hello, readers! Please consider adding conspiracyoutpost.com to your adblock whitelist. Our ads support the development and upkeep of the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uncle Thanky

The Bro Romper

marlowe    1,506

Clothes separate people into groups.

Fashion is revealing. Clothes reveal what groups people are in. In high school, groups have names: “goths, skaters, preps, herbs.” Styles show who you are, but they also create stereotypes and distance between groups. For instance, a businessman might look at a boy with green hair and multiple piercings as a freak and outsider. But to another person, the boy is a strict conformist. He dresses a certain way to deliver the message of rebellion and separation, but within that group, the look is uniform. Acceptance or rejection of a style is a reaction to the society we live in.

“A little of what you call frippery is very necessary towards looking like the rest of the world.”
-Abigail Adams, letter to John Adams, May 1, 1780

Fashion is a language which tells a story about the person who wears it. “Clothes create a wordless means of communication that we all understand,” according to Katherine Hamnett, a top British fashion designer. Hamnett became popular when her t-shirts with large messages like “Choose Life” were worn by several rock bands.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/extra/1999/10/what-is-fashion/

Uncle Thanky    820
3 hours ago, marlowe said:

Clothes separate people into groups.

Fashion is revealing. Clothes reveal what groups people are in. In high school, groups have names: “goths, skaters, preps, herbs.” Styles show who you are, but they also create stereotypes and distance between groups. For instance, a businessman might look at a boy with green hair and multiple piercings as a freak and outsider. But to another person, the boy is a strict conformist. He dresses a certain way to deliver the message of rebellion and separation, but within that group, the look is uniform. Acceptance or rejection of a style is a reaction to the society we live in.

“A little of what you call frippery is very necessary towards looking like the rest of the world.”
-Abigail Adams, letter to John Adams, May 1, 1780

Fashion is a language which tells a story about the person who wears it. “Clothes create a wordless means of communication that we all understand,” according to Katherine Hamnett, a top British fashion designer. Hamnett became popular when her t-shirts with large messages like “Choose Life” were worn by several rock bands.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/extra/1999/10/what-is-fashion/

I agree.

My Question is, "Why can we not group together as individuals?"

Jostler    2,216
4 hours ago, Uncle Thanky said:

I agree.

My Question is, "Why can we not group together as individuals?"

excellent point....but I kinda like those rompers being available.  I'll know exactly who to avoid any form of grouping together with :)  Go buy em outta stock ladies....I'll hang out over here with the men.

Jostler    2,216

Disclaimer:  "We do not suggest or condone suggesting that Rompers might be a target acquisition aid in future conflicts...."

:)

(but the fun factor...)  :)

Jump To Top