Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
WhiteHorse

Night Vision and the Heavens

Rate this topic

WhiteHorse    490

One of my favorite pastimes is looking at the heavens with passive infrared night vision. I purchased a set of pvs-7 goggles for predator hunting several years ago and the first time I looked up at the stars I was hooked. There is a density of stars that cannot be seen with a regular telescope that can be seen with passive infrared. I have seen a lot of meteors, satellites, and other things I can't explain. But I have noticed in the last couple of years there are lot more things moving than I have seen in the previous years. Last night I saw one high altitude object after another. Back when I had the time I kept track with listed satellite orbits so when I saw something odd, something with intermittent light I would know if it was space trash or what ever. I know there are lot of secret satellites and toys up there they don't tell us about. But man I have seen lots of things that crisscross the earth at every angle imaginable. If you have a night vision device or know someone who does look up at the heavens and see what your missing. 

• Like 1