Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cinnamon

Nutritional deficiencies could be fueling your anxiety

6 posts in this topic

As big-brained hominids, humans have the unique ability to think about the future. The very fact that we can perceive and plan for the time ahead has allowed us to conquer the earth, but it comes with a downside: anxiety. If extreme rumination on past events characterizes depression, worrying about imagined future scenarios describes anxiety. 

This inherent capacity and human tendency to think ahead must be reined in and controlled. One way we can do that is make sure we're getting enough of the nutrients that studies indicate may play an etiological role in anxiety. 

This is different from supplements with various ingredients that treat or help anxiety. There's obviously overlap, and some of the deficiencies mentioned today can be corrected by supplementing, but I'm focusing on essential nutrients—vitamins, minerals, and other food-borne compounds—that play important roles in regulating anxiety levels. 

<snip>

https://www.sott.net/article/348677-Nutritional-deficiencies-could-be-fueling-your-anxiety

4 people like this

Great article. Food, especially raw food, cures so many things. I can't tolerate much that is processed since I started eating healthier foods. It is too bad that our winters are so long so harvest is an issue. All the work to store the crops makes it so hard. So hard that I cheat alot now that the children are grown.

Thanks for the reminder that we got this as long as we take care of ourselves.

1 person likes this

Giving your body what it needs is vital... What I am realizing is that the majority of people are deficient in something..... Seriously!

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Giving your body what it needs is vital... What I am realizing is that the majority of people are deficient in something..... Seriously!

Absolutely. Industrial grown food still lacks minerals and micro-nutrients. The apples of my fathers day had 3-4 times the minerals and vitamins in them as todays good looking ones. The longer I look at it the more I think it was deliberate.

It used to be acknowledged food was medicine. The longest lived people in the world had the widest variety of diet it was found.

1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, Guitar Doc said:

Absolutely. Industrial grown food still lacks minerals and micro-nutrients. The apples of my fathers day had 3-4 times the minerals and vitamins in them as todays good looking ones. The longer I look at it the more I think it was deliberate.

It used to be acknowledged food was medicine. The longest lived people in the world had the widest variety of diet it was found.

It is clearly deliberate. I always wondered why I struggled so much in life with how my body felt..years of hard work... deficiency of what was required... Damage done. But alas since figuring it out my health has increased tenfold. Trying to get others around me to take heed. They don't listen but I'm proof of what it can do. Slight change in diet to intake more vitamins and minerals and supplementation when I know I'm low has allowed me to basically eat anything I want and not get fat :)

My metabolism is now functioning properly and my mood swings have ceased.

What I want to know is why not a single one of my GP's (doctors) has seen this as a problem and told me...... NO they just let me get worse and worse... Such basic stuff they take away from us.

But then again I'm not 100% sure its vitamins... My body is going through an immense change right now and I have zero words to even describe it... How else do you explain losing 100+lbs in body weight. Becoming ripped, clear-minded and happy.  Without a single drop of work or intent to do so....

Could be my lifestyle makes me like this but the deficiency limited the benefits??? Now that is gone I'm rapidly change the mould?

My anxiety is also gone completely :D works into this thread well considering it left when i started vitamins and supplements... Or maybe I've managed to process what happened to me after talking with many people and gaining a changed perception. PTSD sucks.

But hey... f**k being sad right!

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

As big-brained hominids, humans have the unique ability to think about the future. The very fact that we can perceive and plan for the time ahead has allowed us to conquer the earth, but it comes with a downside: anxiety. If extreme rumination on past events characterizes depression, worrying about imagined future scenarios describes anxiety. 

This inherent capacity and human tendency to think ahead must be reined in and controlled. One way we can do that is make sure we're getting enough of the nutrients that studies indicate may play an etiological role in anxiety. 

This is different from supplements with various ingredients that treat or help anxiety. There's obviously overlap, and some of the deficiencies mentioned today can be corrected by supplementing, but I'm focusing on essential nutrients—vitamins, minerals, and other food-borne compounds—that play important roles in regulating anxiety levels. 

<snip>

https://www.sott.net/article/348677-Nutritional-deficiencies-could-be-fueling-your-anxiety

Did you now that allot of mental institute patients were from severe cases of Hypoglycemia and it is controlled by DIET, IF you really concerned about taking vitamins and herbs, then please do your research because NOT all vitamins sold will do you any good and some require to be taken in tandem in order to work. the beat thing you can do is grow your own food and don't use chemical fertilizers, use your own home made.