Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Cinnamon

First Patient In Diabetes Trial Is Now Diabetes-Free (Type I)

Rate this topic

Cinnamon    14,316

First patient in diabetes trial no longer needs insulin therapy.

In a new clinical trial to observe a new method of injecting islet cells into a patient with Type 1 diabetes, doctors from the University of Miami’s Diabetes Research Institute have confirmed that their first trial patient no longer needs insulin therapy.

Wendy Peacock, their first patient, has been giving herself insulin injections and following a strict daily schedule to take care of her diabetes since she was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at 17.

Now 43, Peacock has undergone the surgery in this new trial and no longer needs injections because her body is producing insulin naturally.

<snip>

http://humansarefree.com/2017/04/first-patient-in-diabetes-trial-is-now.html

• Like 2

apache54    2,536
14 hours ago, Fatimus Maximus said:

Sad fact, they've been doing this for about twenty years in Europe. And it has an efficacy rate of about 55%. I was in pre-med with a Type I who had a doze articles on it.

The USA has always been years behind in medicine because it takes them that long before they can get all the patents ready to make their (BLOOD MONEY) form the new technology. This is really good new there are many thing for Type 2 but not much for type 1. good to see something finally being done, I have lost a few friends over the years to type 1.