Advertise With Us!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Honey

Activity on 8992 Shortwave

Rate this topic

Honey    169

"Fletcher, Fletcher standing by for traffic." This comes and goes. Sometimes he repeats words like "kilo6kilo......." Then he says "Fletcher out."

Honey    169

If you enable the chatbox posters will tell you which stations are active and talking. You can click the links that they post to listen. You can click the squelsh if you don't want to hear the white noise.

John Connor    239
4 minutes ago, Honey said:

If you enable the chatbox posters will tell you which stations are active and talking. You can click the links that they post to listen. You can click the squelsh if you don't want to hear the white noise.

I was playing with it, but think I have to sign up to use it .. Sounds nice, I have a handheld HAM so this is cool ..

Honey    169
3 minutes ago, John Connor said:

I was playing with it, but think I have to sign up to use it .. Sounds nice, I have a handheld HAM so this is cool ..

I didn't have to sign up. I listen and keep an eye on the chatbox.

Honey    169
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, John Connor said:

you just typed in 8992? no changes other than that? havent heard anything?

Nothing going on right now on that channel. Open the chatbox and they will tell you which stations are active.

The 8992 is USB. Make sure that radio button is highlighted when listening. You can also up the filter to 4. something or other.

More talking now. Sounds like foreign language-French maybe.

Edited by Honey
  • Like 1

John Connor    239
Just now, Honey said:

Nothing going on right now on that channel. Open the chatbox and they will tell you which stations are active.

The 8992 is USB. Make sure that radio button is highlighted when listening. You can also up the filter to 4. something or other.

More talking now. Sounds like foreign language-French maybe.

OOO i hear it now.. He sounds hispanic..

Honey    169

It is very hit and miss. You just have to keep it on and wait. I keep it going while I read the forums.