Advertise With Us!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cinnamon

8 Insanely Fast Vegetables You Can Harvest In One Month

Rate this topic

Cinnamon    15,915

Let’s face it: gardening can be challenging. The idea of waiting weeks and weeks for produce to be ready seems disheartening.

This is particularly true if you live in a suburban area, like I do, where the nearest grocery store is less than a quarter-mile away. If I want fresh tomatoes, the expansive produce department at my favorite store has an ever-present supply. Why go through the trouble of waiting so long for a harvest when I can simply pick up what I need at the market?

There are plenty of reasons you should be gardening, but did you know that some plants can be harvest-ready in a matter of days? Yes, days. If you struggle wondering if the effort of a garden is worth it, then planting a few of these fast-growers gives you (almost) immediate results and can help you hold on through the long days of waiting for harvest.

<snip>

http://www.offthegridnews.com/survival-gardening-2/8-insanely-fast-vegetables-you-can-harvest-in-one-month/

Nothing ever grows this fast for me! How about you?

• Like 1

Uncle Nobby    1,054

last year i had real trouble getting things to grow. this year we haven't even seen spring yet, so nothing is planted so far. I'll be putting my first seeds in this week hopefully.

:goodpost:

• Like 3

schon    778

Only the salad greens here.i Can not get green onions or radishes to grow,maybe my new self watering pots will do them? I just planted all my plants into 20 of them,cool!

• Like 1

Cinnamon    15,915
6 minutes ago, schon said:

Only the salad greens here.i Can not get green onions or radishes to grow,maybe my new self watering pots will do them? I just planted all my plants into 20 of them,cool!

I saw some premade self watering containers, man are they ever expensive!  This looks like a great alternative. 

schon    778
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I saw some premade self watering containers, man are they ever expensive!  This looks like a great alternative. 

Got mine from a guy that works at a commercial bakery,had cake filling in them.2 dollars apiece,cant beat that.had the pipe left over from hoophouse construction.So out of pocket was 4 dollars each for buckets ,and 2 dollars each in potting soil.So I got 20 planters for 120 dollars,plus what the pipe costs.I used 5 sections of 10 foot,1.5 inch pvc.Hose nozzle fits in perfectly.

Edited by schon

Cinnamon    15,915
Just now, schon said:

Got mine from a guy that works at a commercial bakery,had cake filling in them.2 dollars apiece,cant beat that.had the pipe left over from hoophouse construction.So out of pocket was 4 dollars each for buckets ,and 2 dollars each in potting soil.

Nice! I know someone who uses self watering ones, she grew a monster cabbage in one. I guess you can put just about anything in there.