Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ukshep

Hubble just spotted something massive coming out of Uranus

Ukshep    19,940

The Hubble space telescope has spotted a huge shimmering region on Uranus – and it’s caused by powerful bursts of solar wind.

Pictures show effect of drinking three bottles of wine a day for 10 years

No giggling at the back, please.

Scientists from the Paris Observatory used the NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope to take a look at the auroras on Uranus – caused by streams of charged particles like electrons that come from various origins such as solar winds, the planetary ionosphere, and moon volcanism.

They become caught in powerful magnetic fields and are channeled into the upper atmosphere, where their interactions with gas particles, such as oxygen or nitrogen, set off spectacular bursts of light.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/11/hubble-just-spotted-something-massive-coming-out-of-uranus-6567896/

They said no giggling... Can't help it! My inner child is amused!

Mindzen    271

I was already giggling before I clicked the topic link, and was quite disappointed to find a legitimate article about the subject once inside. 

Cinnamon    22,835

Poor planet, the butt of all universal jokes. 

Seriously, they just now found out about that... 

Groove    1,915

Lmao at the title. I can't help but giggle. And I no couldn't finish the article with out laughing. 

VonLud    848

My High School Astronomy teacher would yell, "Not My Anus!" If we said it wrong.

MOX    107

Maybe they should probe Uranus deeper......to get to the bottom of this.....sorry, with all the crap going on in the world right now I couldn't resist!

Cinnamon    22,835
1 hour ago, MOX said:

Maybe they should probe Uranus deeper......to get to the bottom of this.....sorry, with all the crap going on in the world right now I couldn't resist!

LOL I think everyone is feeling that way.