Advertise With Us!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Mishap360

Screw United Airlines and the rest. 10 Steps to Defeat the Corporatocracy.

Rate this topic

Mishap360    9
Posted (edited)

Many Americans know that the United States is not a democracy but a "corporatocracy," in which we are ruled by a partnership of giant corporations, the extremely wealthy elite and corporate-collaborator government officials.   Here are ten steps to take back our democracy:

1. Create the Cultural and Psychological "Building Blocks" for Democratic Movements

2. Confront and Transform ALL Institutions that Have Destroyed Individual Self-Respect and Collective Self-Confidence

3. Side Each Day in Every Way With Anti-Authoritarians

4. Regain Morale by Thinking More Critically About Our Critical Thinking

5. Restore Courage in Young People

6. Focus on Democracy Battlefields Where the Corporate Elite Don't Have Such a Large Financial Advantage

7. Heal from "Corporatocracy Abuse" and "Battered People's Syndrome" to Gain Strength

8. Unite Populists by Rejecting Corporate Media's Political Divisions

9. Unite "Comfortable Anti-Authoritarians" and "Afflicted Anti-Authoritarians"

10. Do Not Let Debate Divide Anti-Authoritarians

http://www.alternet.org/story/151018/10_steps_to_defeat_the_corporatocracy

Most of what I read and hear about this issue only speaks in half measures; rarely does the author or speaker go all the way to the top.  Who owns these entities that seek to abuse their customers like criminal slaves?  Well, who has all the money?  Central bankers and Wall Street?

Edited by Mishap360

Ronin    125
Posted (edited)

i haven't looked at their price... but i read stock price took a 6% hit as a result. and yeh. f**k 'em.

Edited by Ronin

Mishap360    9
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Sky Cat said:

I have to travel from Colorado to Virginia later this month.  I have already cancelled my airline tickets and am about to book my journey by train.  It should be about 12 hours, apparently.  By the time we all deal with all the bs at the airport I imagine the travel times to be comparable.  It's less expensive, and I've never traveled by train in the US, except subways.  I'm actually pretty pumped, and I get to "stick it to the man".

Edit:  Woops, 48 hours by train.  I may drive.:blink:

Edited by Mishap360
mistaken travel time
  • Like 1