Advertise With Us!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Honey

Not Sure What To Believe On This War Issue

Rate this topic

Honey    169

I just got home and am starting to catch up on the news of the day, but I'm having trouble absorbing all of the news and who said what. I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread where we could post reputable links with a brief summary.

I can tell you that the five o'clock traffic today was much milder than usual. I think that people are staying home watching the news. Over the past weekend the grocery stores were a nightmare and traffic was horrible through yesterday. Store shelves were emptied but now they are returning to normal. I'm still stocking. Gas is about $.30 more per gallon than last week. I filled up.

Here is an interesting article that I just found:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/facing-pressure-from-trump-kim-jong-un-and-bashar-al-assad-reaffirm-their-nations’-friendship/ar-BBzISiz?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=DELLDHP

It looks like Syria and North Korea will take the same side. This could be trouble.

• Like 1

Honey    169

Wondering is all this war talk will help to encourage people to rush and buy stuff which will boost the economy.

Just now, Honey said:

Wondering is all this war talk will help to encourage people to rush and buy stuff which will boost the economy.

Gonna take more than that to help this economy. Wouldnt be a drop in the bucket.

Honey    169

Tillerson, SOS, talks out of both sides of his mouth. He said on Face The Nation Sunday that the US is not looking for regime change in Syria, but now he is talking about a Syria without Assad. Geez!

Honey    169
1 minute ago, BeachedOnMars said:

Gonna take more than that to help this economy. Wouldnt be a drop in the bucket.

Well, if it drives up the price of gas that will be reflected in the GDP.

2 minutes ago, Honey said:

Tillerson, SOS, talks out of both sides of his mouth. He said on Face The Nation Sunday that the US is not looking for regime change in Syria, but now he is talking about a Syria without Assad. Geez!

Sounds just like the media, doesnt it?

1 minute ago, Honey said:

Well, if it drives up the price of gas that will be reflected in the GDP.

But then people will not be able to buy anything else. And industry will stagnate.

Honey    169
6 minutes ago, BeachedOnMars said:

Sounds just like the media, doesnt it?

Yep!

Honey    169
5 minutes ago, BeachedOnMars said:

But then people will not be able to buy anything else. And industry will stagnate.

Welcome to our new recession.