Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Hello, readers! Please consider adding conspiracyoutpost.com to your adblock whitelist. Our ads support the development and upkeep of the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ESET

US Air Force to quit Incirlik, move to Syria base

ESET    1,190

Several US engineering teams are working round the clock to build a big new air base in northern Syria after completing the expansion of another four. They are all situated in the Syrian borderland with Iraq, debkafile’s military forces report.

This was going on over the weekend as senators, news correspondents and commentators were outguessing each other over whether the US missile attack on the Syrian Shayrat air base Friday, in retaliation for the Assad regime’s chemical attack on Khan Sheikhoun, was a one-off or the start of a new series.

As the White House parried those questions, the Trump administration was going full steam ahead on the massive project of preparing to pull US air force units out of the Incirlik air base in southern Turkey, in active American use since 2002. Those units were in the middle of a big moving job to the five new and expanded air bases in Syria. Their hub is to be Tabqa, which is just 40km west of the Islamic State’s Syrian capital, Raqqa. The other five are Hajar airport in the Rmelan region, two small air fields serving farm transport in Qamishli, which have been converted to military us; and a fifth in the Kurdish Kobani enclave north of Aleppo near the Syrian-Turkish border.
Tabqa is also becoming the main assembly-point for the joint US, Kurdish, tribal Arab force that is coming together in readiness for a major charge on Raqqa.
When the work is finished, the rising complex of air bases will enable America to deploy twice as many warplanes and helicopters in Syria as the Russians currently maintain.

The site of the Tabqa air field was captured as recently as late March by the Syrian Democratic Force (Kurdish-Arab fighters) which were flown in and dropped there by the US Air Force’s Air Mobility Command. It was quickly dubbed “Incirlik 2” or “Qayyarah-2” after the US command center running the Iraqi military offensive against ISIS in Mosul.

Tabqa is designed to accommodate the 2,500 US military personnel housed at Incirlik. Like the Americans, the German Bundeswehr is also on the point of quitting Incirlik and eying a number of new locations in Cyprus and Jordan. The Germans are pulling out over the crisis in their relations with Ankara. The Americans are quitting because President Donald Trump wants to chill US ties with Turkish President Reccep Tayyip Erdogan and cooperation with the Turkish army.

The five US bases in Syria are part of Trump’s three-pronged strategy which aims at a) fighting Islamist terror; b) blocking Iran’s land and air access to Syria; and c) providing the enclaves of the Syrian Kurdish-PYD-YPG with a military shield against the Turkish army.

http://debka.com/article/26004/US-Air-Force-to-quit-Incirlik-move-to-Syria-base

Ukshep    16,927
Just now, ESET said:

Several US engineering teams are working round the clock to build a big new air base in northern Syria after completing the expansion of another four. They are all situated in the Syrian borderland with Iraq, debkafile’s military forces report.

This was going on over the weekend as senators, news correspondents and commentators were outguessing each other over whether the US missile attack on the Syrian Shayrat air base Friday, in retaliation for the Assad regime’s chemical attack on Khan Sheikhoun, was a one-off or the start of a new series.

As the White House parried those questions, the Trump administration was going full steam ahead on the massive project of preparing to pull US air force units out of the Incirlik air base in southern Turkey, in active American use since 2002. Those units were in the middle of a big moving job to the five new and expanded air bases in Syria. Their hub is to be Tabqa, which is just 40km west of the Islamic State’s Syrian capital, Raqqa. The other five are Hajar airport in the Rmelan region, two small air fields serving farm transport in Qamishli, which have been converted to military us; and a fifth in the Kurdish Kobani enclave north of Aleppo near the Syrian-Turkish border.
Tabqa is also becoming the main assembly-point for the joint US, Kurdish, tribal Arab force that is coming together in readiness for a major charge on Raqqa.
When the work is finished, the rising complex of air bases will enable America to deploy twice as many warplanes and helicopters in Syria as the Russians currently maintain.

The site of the Tabqa air field was captured as recently as late March by the Syrian Democratic Force (Kurdish-Arab fighters) which were flown in and dropped there by the US Air Force’s Air Mobility Command. It was quickly dubbed “Incirlik 2” or “Qayyarah-2” after the US command center running the Iraqi military offensive against ISIS in Mosul.

Tabqa is designed to accommodate the 2,500 US military personnel housed at Incirlik. Like the Americans, the German Bundeswehr is also on the point of quitting Incirlik and eying a number of new locations in Cyprus and Jordan. The Germans are pulling out over the crisis in their relations with Ankara. The Americans are quitting because President Donald Trump wants to chill US ties with Turkish President Reccep Tayyip Erdogan and cooperation with the Turkish army.

The five US bases in Syria are part of Trump’s three-pronged strategy which aims at a) fighting Islamist terror; b) blocking Iran’s land and air access to Syria; and c) providing the enclaves of the Syrian Kurdish-PYD-YPG with a military shield against the Turkish army.

http://debka.com/article/26004/US-Air-Force-to-quit-Incirlik-move-to-Syria-base

Approved first post and Welcome to the forum!

GirlFriday    242

I'm confused, but lately I stay that way.

First, they state Incirlik has been in active use by Americans since 2002. Incirlik was established after WWII.  Maybe they mean active in Syria from Incirlik?  I do not believe, for a second, we are quitting the place.

Secondly, I understand we send troops in where we are not officially at war. I understand we have "black" bases where we publicly deny. But an air base? Kinda hard to hide that sausage.  It is massively provocative. We have not been invited and last I checked Syria is still sovereign.  No reason to doubt the story, but I can't imagine that the roughly 350 miles between Incirlik and Raqqah makes any strategic, offensive difference. 

If there is no strategic difference, this action becomes political. If this story is correct, we must, indeed, want Assad out. We learned nothing in Iraq, Egypt or Libya about power vacuums. Only this time we have Russian -Iranians on the other side.   Tillerson accuses Russia of complicity by non-action. Can you spell escalate? Unfortunately, I cannot believe anything anymore from anyone, so I'm not even sure Assad gassed his own people. And even if he did, I am unable to distinguish between gas or bullet. Dead is dead. Why aren't we everywhere a civilian is being killed by their govt? I was given a line of crap from Colin Powell about evil Saddam's chemical weapons.  Holding up that little vial. LIAR! How many years ago? And we are still there? How many trillions did this cost?

The MIC is winning.

Oh, and there's that pesky little thing about pipelines and whose pipeline will run where.

I voted for Trump. But I had reservations. Most of what he is trying to accomplish I am on board with. Not this. I had a thought, in the back of my pea brain, that if he ever got to say go, it would be the most powerful high he ever had. One word and stuff gets broken, people die. I suggest that kind of power is addicting, and he's gonna need a bigger hit. And then another...

Whatever, I mean, really!  Either turn the middle east into a glass parking lot or get us out. I vote for the latter. Drill here, drill now and let those people self determine.

/rant off, didn't mean to get going, lol

hunter    76

Wonder if they are moving all the nukes stored at Inkirlik to the Syrian base... the base that is "just 40km" from ISIS's Raqqa

roamer    855
4 hours ago, GirlFriday said:

It is massively provocative. We have not been invited and last I checked Syria is still sovereign.

"Might makes right" in the view of the U.S. neocons.

apache54    4,132
4 hours ago, hunter said:

Wonder if they are moving all the nukes stored at Inkirlik to the Syrian base... the base that is "just 40km" from ISIS's Raqqa

Never got confirmation but supposedly the nukes were moved quite awhile ago, after the incident where Erodgen shut down the base, I would like to know for sure !

Jump To Top