Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cinnamon

Google to display fact-checking labels to show if news is true or false

Google is to start displaying fact-checking labels in its search results to highlight news and information that has been vetted and show whether it is considered to be true or false, as part of its efforts to help combat the spread of misinformation and fake news.

The fact-checking feature, which was first introduced to Google News in the UK and US in October, will now be displayed as an information box in general search results as well as news search results globally.

<snip>

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/apr/07/google-to-display-fact-checking-labels-to-show-if-news-is-true-or-false

The harbingers of truth!? And Facebook, too! 

11 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Google is to start displaying fact-checking labels in its search results to highlight news and information that has been vetted and show whether it is considered to be true or false, as part of its efforts to help combat the spread of misinformation and fake news.

The fact-checking feature, which was first introduced to Google News in the UK and US in October, will now be displayed as an information box in general search results as well as news search results globally.

<snip>

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/apr/07/google-to-display-fact-checking-labels-to-show-if-news-is-true-or-false

HMMMMMM< I guess the Sheeple like having the FOX guarding the HEN house! 

2 minutes ago, apache54 said:

Private companies... they're going to have to do a hella lotta work with WaPo, NTY etal!  Hope they're up to that challenge! 

Everything is working to kill sites like ours right now! eeeeeek!

7 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Everything is working to kill sites like ours right now! eeeeeek!

FB is losing money, so is Twitter. Google is next. But they can last a lot longer than we can since they're all government funded. :angry:

14 minutes ago, Mindzen said:

Thanks, I'm more interested in the "official FBI site" that @John Connor mentioned that displays what the pizza related code words mean.

do some research on your own.

5 minutes ago, John Connor said:

do some research on your own.

You're in the wrong thread. And no, you make a claim, you provide evidence.

38 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

<snip>

25 minutes ago, apache54 said:

This happened yesterday?

Also yesterday, Im calling it... WW3 began

So lets just mark yesterday as the day we lost our freedom of speech officially. Sure they will phase in more stuff incrementally, but the damage is done and there are no protests or riots.

Also yesterday was the 100th anniversary of WW1. Coincidence? Not when you know anything about the Illuminati.

So maybe now we can finally stand up for the same ideals many millions of Americans shed their blood to protect. Will we dishonor their memory?

I stopped using google a couple of years ago.  Use DuckDuckGo .  How do the fact checkers know what is fake news?  Is it news they don't agree with?

1 minute ago, Mindzen said:

You're in the wrong thread. And no, you make a claim, you provide evidence.

No.If you dont like a statement go prove its wrong.Not up to me or anyone else to do your fact checking.Posters dont have to prove anything.YOU  get to determine if its valid if you disagree.

I'll ask posters for sources on some claims,if they dont wish to provide it,so be it.

4 minutes ago, John Connor said:

This happened yesterday?

So lets just mark yesterday as the day we lost our freedom of speech officially. Sure they will phase in more stuff incrementally, but the damage is done and there are no protests or riots.

Also yesterday was the 100th anniversary of WW1. Coincidence? Not when you know anything about the Illuminati.

So maybe now we can finally stand up for the same ideals many millions of Americans shed their blood to protect. Will we dishonor their memory?

NOT near enough positive publicity goes to our VETS and our ACTIVE men and women who serve this country.

11 minutes ago, John Connor said:

This happened yesterday?

Weve lost our Constitutional freedoms long before today.And yes,those that give up the Constitution for something easier,sorry people IMO.

"So Alexis listens to everything I say,I have nothing to hide,and it turns on my lights and I dont have to type web searches".....thats how cheaply people sell out the Constitution.And then have the audacity/iodiocy to say they are going to change the World,KUMBAYA!

They are changing it alright,they and their children will be police state slaves,lazy stupid cowards.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.