Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ukshep

Panic, damage as three strong quakes hit Philippines

Ukshep    20,151

A trio of strong earthquakes damaged buildings and caused panicked tourists to flee a popular dive resort near the Philippine capital on Saturday, officials and eyewitnesses said.

There were no immediate reports of casualties from the quakes, the strongest of which hit the coast close to Mabini, a resort town south of Manila famous for its marine life and coral reefs.

The first 5.5-magnitude temblor struck inland at 3:08 pm (0708 GMT) followed by a 5.9 quake just a minute later, according to a revised report by the US Geological Service. The first quake was earlier reported as 5.7 magnitude.

A 5.0 quake hit in the same region after another 20 minutes, according to US geologists.

"I was in the pool taking diving lessons when the ground shook.... We all climbed out and ran. Concrete slabs were falling," Filipino tourist Arnel Casanova, 47, told AFP by telephone from a Mabini dive resort.

"When I went back to my room the ceiling had collapsed and the glass windows were broken, but so far everybody is safe," said Casanova, who was at the resort with his 20-year-old son.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/panic-damage-three-strong-quakes-hit-philippines-105910267.html

I can't help but wonder if we will see something this month or next in regards to a major earthquake. It has gone a touch quiet and I think with everything else happening it falls right in line with prophecy even more for the earth to be rumbling and moving at such a time like it is!

Ukshep    20,151
55 minutes ago, One Step Away said:

Hoping those aren't foreshocks

Me too. I know us EQ sensitives will say something though. I myself don't feel anything right now!

Just now, Ukshep said:

Me too. I know us EQ sensitives will say something though. I myself don't feel anything right now!

Same -- nada. 

Ukshep    20,151
23 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

Make that 5 EQs now in the past 24hrs.

Mother earth is fearful I take it.

COBO Member    3,350
3 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Just takes a quick check of USGS to see the "ring of fire" is spinnin' like a top today!

Ukshep    20,151
1 minute ago, COBO Member said:

Just takes a quick check of USGS to see the "ring of fire" is spinnin' like a top today!

hehe and USGS censors and downgrades... So you know it is much... much worse.

Siddrix    1,039
2 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Mother earth cried out in pain. And father Sun responded. And now we will all feel her pain...